Saving Private Ryan vs. The Silence of the Lambs

6 comments

6 comments

Saving Private Ryan is like a good impressionist painting. It captures a nightmarish landscape while the artist bends it with his own muse. Without that it would just be another army movie. Still Silence of The Lambs wins on the grounds of originality.

Two fantastic Best Picture winners. I agree with the user above me in saying that Private Ryan is like a work of art because it most definitely is. The performances, story, and chilling moments in SotL beats it out though.

While I love Lambs on every level, Private Ryan stands above. Thanks to Private Ryan we were able to get Band of Brothers and the Pacific. Thanks to Lambs we got Hannibal? Yikes...

Saving Private Ryan. Sorry to say that like The Departed, Jerry MacGuire, A Christmas Story and Inception, SOTL is somewhat overrated.

I gotta go with Saving Private Ryan. Just an emotional and amazing thrill ride through WW2

I'm giving this one to SPR. Apart from Anthony Hopkins' mesmerizing performance as Dr. Lecter, Silence didn't wow me at all. As a serial killer flick, I'll pick Se7en over it any day of the week. It was mostly tedious and boring.

Saving Private Ryan is way better, Silence of the Lambs is a good movie though.

Private Ryan needs a rewatch, but even if I do rewatch it I doubt it will pass Silence of the Lambs.

Tough call. More of a horror/thriller fan over war but Private was so good. Shit I have to pick Private Ryan here.

Saving private ryan gets the easy win here.

Must go with silence.

The Silence of the Lambs>Saving Private Ryan

The right answer has always been SPR