The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King vs. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

13 comments

1 comments

Oh damn, this is sort of a hard match up. I like the LOTR movies better than Narnia... but I didn't like Return of the King as much as I would have...

So many LOTR ripoffs since Return of the King came out.... But while Narnia is one of the better attempts to recapture that particular brand of movie magic, it still doesn't hold a candle to Jackson's amazing trilogy.

ah -toughie i love both

AH! I didn't like either of these! I'm not a LOTR fan... by any means.. and Narnia...yea...no. ugh... I guess i'd have to choose..... LOTR. Cuz I can fall asleep faster... sorry if I offended any one out there... I just am not a fan.

Easy choice. I like the LOTR books better then CON, and I like the LOTR movies WAAY better.

JRM
JRM

I don't just like Narnia--I love it. But yeah, it's no LOTR.

Both good Fantasy films based on successful books. I think I'll have to go with "Return of the King" for its advantages of overall film quality compared to Disney's Narnia. Also, there's the dozen or so Oscars...

Love LOTR but Return of the King was way too long. Narnia was awful, so it's an easy choice.

is this a joke?

Narnia was a good movie, no doubt about that and very enjoyable HOWEVER Lord of the Rings is far greater in every aspect compared to Narnia

I'm gonna change my original statement a bit and say that the first Narnia film isn't necessarily a great one but is something I found enjoyable. However, once more it isn't LOTR. The Hobbit is also superior to Narnia

I dont understand the hate that Narnia get. Is is because Narnia has Christian meanings to it? Guess what, so does LOTR. CS Lewis became a Christian through Tolkein

I loved them both

My first one and already TOO HARD TO CHOOSE!

Narnia is a good film, but it's absolutely nothing compared to the incredible ROTK