Hannibal vs. The Silence of the Lambs

3 comments

15 comments

on 10/24/2009

I had to get it eventually. Fortunately, it's an easy choice.

on 12/6/2009

easy pick! Hannibal was a big disappointment

on 12/27/2009

HANNIBAL was all gore and hack/slash. SILENCE was psychological brilliance. No contest.

on 4/8/2010

Of the movies with Hopkins as Hannibal Lector Hannibal is the weakest, but still OK

on 7/14/2010

The Silence of the Lambs is a cinematic landmark. Hannibal...just isn't.

on 7/14/2010

I liked Silence of the Lambs too bad Manhunter wasn't a choice.

on 2/20/2011

No contest here. Silence of the Lambs ate Hannibal's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

on 2/20/2011

Seriously? BWAHAHAHAHA.....

ear
ear

on 2/21/2011

This is a no brainer. The film with Jodie is far superior to the gory remake without her.

on 2/22/2011

Agree, no contest at all. Silence deserves all the love it gets whereas Hannibal is right there with Caddyshack 2, Highlander 2 and Crystal Skull as sequels that should have never seen the light of day.

on 7/3/2011

I really liked Hannibal, and enjoyed the book as well. Seeing Lecter living the kind of life he was meant for- art, culture, preying at will, was interesting and the locations were beautiful. The film had a great score, and strong performances all around. Silence of the Lambs is better in nearly every way, but it's not as though Hannibal is a cheap throwaway sequel- there is real artistry and care in the way the film was done, and I think it's been underrated more due to the cookie-cutter sequels that followed.

on 4/9/2012

I think it's kinda underrated, myself. But this one's still easy. Silence of the Lambs, all the way.

on 4/14/2013

The Florence scenes in Hannibal were so beautifully shot. And Gary Oldman... what an actor. I prefer Hannibal although Ray Liotta's exposed brain is as ridiculous stuff can possibly get.

on 4/14/2013

Hannibal is a very good movie, but Silence is a masterpiece.

on 4/17/2013

It's too bad, I loved the feel of Hannibal on the run, but it lead itself to be driven by 'fan demanded gore'. (Still a good movie to watch, but not as good as Silence)

on 5/31/2013

This should be unanimous.

on 2/8/2015

The Silence of the Lambs. I will say though, Hannibal IS a pretty funny comedy.

on 10/6/2015

Silence of the Lambs

on 11/13/2015

Hannibal was okay, but Silence's a classic.

on 1/1/2016

Not a popular opinion but I preferred Hannibal, I think having him on the run in Europe was a better plot, I certainly liked the multifaceted approach. The gore was probably too much, and as someone else mentioned, the Liotta scenes seemed somewhat out of place. Having said that I did appreciate the antagonist (not Dr Lector) of Lambs, having a view into the life of a abductor and murderer was particularly chilling.