Ghostbusters vs. The Dark Knight

10 comments

23 comments

Agh! I'm paralyzed with indecision....

Why so serious..?

TDK

No contest. The Dark Knight is a great movie, but Ghostbusters is one of those movies that is a deal breaker for me. If people haven't seen Ghostbusters or don't like it, it's hard for me to be friends with them. It's a favorite. One of those movies I've watched again and again since I was a kid and never get tired of it. One of the few comedies that I laugh out loud at each time I see it. And it's extremely quotable. Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Ghostbusters is good fun, but The Dark Knight is a great movie. No contest.

The Dark Knight has the fantastic Joker - but other than that it's a really bad film. Ghostbusters is pure classic from start to finish and beyond. To even have decisive problems here is amazing.

Ghostbusters is a great comedy but The Dark Knight is a better movie

Don't cross the streams.

Ghostbusters vs. The Dark Knight?!? Why, oh why, do you make me choose, Flickchart?!?

Wow, this one is not easy. Ghostbusters is an absolute classic, yet I find myself clicking on The Dark Knight.

I find myself agreeing with Luckykatt. Few comedies are on Ghostbusters' level. I'll give it that. The Dark Knight is just so much more, though.

Ghostbusters. Always go with ghostbusters.

Who you gonna call?

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

Maybe the Joker got those scars from laughing at the Ghostbusters...as he soundly kicked their @$$es.

JRM
JRM

Ghostbusters is fun and all, but The Dark Knight had the great story . . .

This is a hard choice. For me it is like choosing a movie that really strikes the nostalgia chorde and another that is just a really great new age movie. I will have to go Dark Knight.

I'm going to be rude: people need to just get over The Dark Knight. It was amazing, but it's not the greatest movie ever. Ghostbusters isn't, either, but this is subjective and still after 20 years, I can't replace Ghostbusters. Sorry, Batman.

Ghostbusters for me. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I'd be more likely to watch Ghostbusters after a hard days work than The Dark Knight.

Tough choice, but in the end I use my simple method of repeat viewing, Ghostbusters just stands up better to repeat viewing...for me.

Ghostbusters is the more quotable movie and both films are memorable but on simple rewatch value. I will always pick Ghostbusters

The Dark Knight has great performances, great directing and a great script. Ghostbusters has Bill Murray (who is great) and a good theme song. Ghostbusters also looks visually dull and has Rick Moranis. I think TDK is the easy winner.

Ghostbusters. easy choice for me.

The Dark Knight here. It is an achievement in visual effects, character development, acting and sound. The Ghostbusters is just a good childhood film (no disrespect intended I love Ghostbusters).

Bill Murray is one of the funniest human beings on the planet and Ghostbusters shines through with what makes Murray, well, Murray and wacky ghosts are peppered through for many a zany laugh. My brain is not even allowing me to come up with anything else, it's just chanting Murray, Murray, Murray!

Ghostbusters is one of those classic films that are topped by very few films of today's standards. However, The Dark Knight is such a film, one that heralds back to the golden age of cinema (Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia). Ghostbusters is one of the best comedy/scifis of all time, the Dark Knight is one of the most thrilling crime drama/psychological character studies ever produced and EASILY the best comic book film of the genre.

ghost busters is a classic but it is not as good as the dark knight.

Toughie, but this goes to the Dark Knight.

Careful of that bridge! There's a troll under it.

Dark Knight

despite tdk having some plotholes - it still wins

I didn't find ghostbusters as funny as the rest of the world, but it sure does have some awesome stuff in it. The koncept of the movie, the theme song and the brilliant ending. Dark knight has heath ledger and some big flaws

Tough one. The Dark Knight this time.

Ghostbusters resistance here.

Ghostbusters is solid overrated, the dark knight easy.

Ghostbusters. Inception is overrated crap

Sorry thought i was doing ghostbusters vs inception, it is very close but dark knight wins by an atom

Ghostbusters. I like The Dark Knight as much as the next guy, but Ghostbusters is just iconic.

Gotta go Ghostbusters...

Ghostbusters is a classic movie, an icon. But Nolan's Batman, it tops almost every movie ever made, even classics like this