The Lion King vs. The Shining

5 comments

6 comments

I can't be the only one out there who thinks that The Lion King is overrated.

Yes, yes you are. It deserves every bit of acclaim it receives. The Shining is a great film but The Lion King is the best animated film of all time.

Well, MovieNerd, if you're the only one who thinks The Lion King is overrated, then I'm the only one who thinks The Shining is overrated. I hated it, and The Lion King holds a very special place in my heart.

In response to WillHunting's comment, if this matchup had come up a year ago, I probably would have had a hard time deciding between the two films. I loved The Lion King as a young kid and I thought I still loved it, but I recently rewatched it and really disliked it. I definitely disagree with you that The Lion King is the best animated film ever; Disney has made far better and more interesting animated films before it.

The Lion King is an awesome film without a doubt but The Shining is a classic, the best Stephen King adaptation by far.

I'll take classic psychological horror over old school Disney any day...

I think very highly of The Lion King (I believe it to be one of the best films Disney has ever made), but I'm not sure that it is better than The Shining (Or most Kubrick for that matter).

Going with The Shining but The Lion King is excellent as well.

Have to go Lion King or something will break inside me.

the lion king wins this one, on genre. although the shining is a horror classic, it

@Johnmason most likely didnt get the Shining's story or find the hidden messages in it- the greatest modern Horror film period and its so smart dark and creepy a masterpiece While Loin King is as well im not 100% sure its the greatest animated film ever but its top 20 for sure! but Shining is deep with brilliant acting and story so I go with it!

The Shining any day of the week. Intensity over sentimentality, please.