Green Room vs. Inglourious Basterds

2 comments

1 comments

Both are expertly directed. Both are about killin' Nazis. Both have an amazing cast. This one is breaking my heart. I think I'm choosing Green Room just on personal bias -- I grew up in the punk scene, spent a good seven years playing in an independent band, and horror is probably my favorite genre. I don't feel good about it, though

Quentin "Movie DJ" Tarantino vs Jeremy "f*** up a great premise" Saulnier? Don't make me laugh

I love punk and the first 25 minutes are so awesome. Playing DK's Nazi Punks Fuck Off to a bunch of shit for brains neo-nazis is a personal dream of mine :D The 2nd and 3rd act are pretty graphic and the movie is very depressing to watch, but it's quite amazing. The characters are like real people in a horror film, they have no idea what to do and they just fail over and over again. Patrick Stewart could have been utilized more, but his subtlety is great too. I love the fact that the movie is kind of a metaphor for music industry and to succeed you have to do something drastic. I also love the look of the film. Inglourious Basterds is my least fav QT film. It's pretty good, but slightly self indulgent and bit too long. It has great cinematography and good acting. Also it has some amazing moments. I'll go with Green Room.