E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial vs. Back to the Future

8 comments

11 comments

Damn it, this one's really hard!!! I guess I'll go with Back to the Future (although ET may be a better movie) but only because it has more replay value. And those screenplays (the trilogy as a whole) are so well structured.

The structure of BTTF is awesome, E.T. is a wonderful film but BTTF has more replayability

"Back to the Future" gets better the more you watch it; there's a rush of discovery which is absent in repeat viewings of "E.T." But really, is either a bad choice to watch at any point?

Spielberg manages to manipulate me time and again with "E.T'," even when I know what's coming and how it will end. That's rare for me, and his '82 classic gets the nod because of it.

It's a tough one but I like Back to the Future just a little bit better.

Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time, no contest.

Both a great eighties blockbusters, so it's a tough choice, but I've always been more of a fan of Back to the Future.

E.T. wins by a million miles. BttF is good, but I think I got round to watching it too late in life to view it with any rose-tinted glasses.

BttF, but I feel bad voting against E.T.

Maybe the best film about aliens and the best film about going back in time. Two things that our world has been fascinated with that we might never find answers to. Could we go back in time and are we alone? Many films have fought these two ideas in many fascinating ways. Ultimately, E.T. is the best film of the 1980's for me. Back to the Future could be my favorite along with Field of Dreams and Coming to America from the 1980's, but E.T. is the whole package. A favorite that's also timeless, a beautiful story and a message of love

BttF stands the test of time and IMO...ET just doesn't.

Love this matchup. I'll go with BTTF, but both are among my favorites.

Shit, it is a hard choice. I'll go Back to the Future for now.

Shit, it is a hard choice. I'll go Back to the Future for now.

As much as i like back to the future E.T takes it one of the best movie ever

E.t is a million times better than BttF

E.t is a million times better than BttF

BTTF, never seen the appeal of ET

I agree with Cxfatesniper8ck. E.T. just didn't do anything for me!

E.T

I hate the idea of going against E.T but Back to The future was my favorite movie when I was a kid