E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial vs. The Nightmare Before Christmas

14 comments

10 comments

crap!!! dang!!! ....aaaarrrggghh!!

C'mon! E.T. is WAY better!!!

Yeah I have to go with E.T. as well.

Tear my heart out why don't you! Two of my all-time faves... Nightmare, barely. And I mean barely barely.

No, it's Nightmare all the way!

Nightmare- E.T. is damn good, but those "NIGHTMARE" songs are classic. Plus, Jack Skellington's transformation is beautiful!!!!!!

This is a no brainer. Nightmare wins by a long shot. Definitly one of Tim Burton's best films yet.

Nightmare before Christmas. One of my first Burton Storys and one of the best Films ever. Just love those lovingly animated Characters.

So tough... But I have to go with Jack here.

I think this one can only be decided by one's generation. I admire the artistry of "NBX," but I cut my movie-watching teeth on "E.T." (It's my earliest memory of going to the theater.)

Both are classics, but The Nightmare Before Christmas has so much going for it: the characters, the songs, the animation. It wins, hands down.

I think minlshaw is right your choice might be defined by your generation and mine comes with Nightmare, this is very tough, very very tough, though.

"Nightmare" has been with me since I was 11 years old. "E.T." has been with me my entire life. These are both beautiful movies. If there is a generational difference, it is only a difference of a couple years. (I know how old you are, shadownate....)

There comes a point every time that I watch "E.T." where I feel like its spell is broken and I become cynical about it. But then, before the movie ends, it reestablishes its hold on me. I can't choose NBX over it.

Nightmare, of course like any person with a heart I love E.T. but the songs of Nightmare and the Stop-motion are what makes it just come out on top, this wasn't an easy choice

Ugh. Eat a dick.

Both of theses films were disappointing.Over all The Nightmare Before Christmas is better.

Nightmare before Christmas, love tim burton movies :D

Nightmare easy, just aged better and was more unique.

Got no problem going ET here. I have no love for TNBC....

E.T. by miles, even though I enjoy Nightmare a lot.

E.T by a landslide.

NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS! E.T is the creepiest crap ever put on the universe, The Nightmare before Christmas wins by miles.

^Not gonna lie, E.T. used to be the scariest thing in my life for a good 10 years, couldn't bear to watch, but now I love it with all my heart. Nightmare has grown on me too, but not nearly as much, and E.T., for better or for worse, has had a bigger impact on my life.

ET but this was very close

ET is great, but i'll go with the best Burton's story

I saw Nightmare when I was 12 years old, the Music, the Story, the Stop Motion. One of my favorites. Nightmare winst.