Punisher: War Zone vs. The Punisher

3 comments

7 comments

War Zone is cheese filled and all kinds of awful. They honestly couldn't make a worse film if they tried. Thomas Jane's Punisher is so much better. Marvel has the rights back and I hope they beg Jane to return and give us the sequel we should have seen in the first place. Direct to DVD works for me at this point.

War Zone is cheese filled and all kinds of awesome. Tom Jane's version has grown on me a lot though. Yep, to the point where I actually think a lot of it is quite badass.

Also, Rebecca Romijn and Laura Harring in one film? Who says God doesn't give with both hands. And who says I don't appreciate women with both hands?

While I love Thomas Jane in the role more than Ray Stevenson, and you can argue easily that there is better supporting actors/actresses in The Punisher, WAR ZONE is true Punisher.....Ray looks the part, and the cheesy action and violence sets it apart as true cult Punisher! Don't get me wrong, The Punisher is great too....just a slight edge to Punisher: War Zone...

Good God is War Zone an awful mess of a movie. Thomas Jane is actually a superb Frank Castle.

War Zone was much more entertaining...

Definitely War Zone for me as well.

Thomas Jane by a pretty wide margin for me. Though I do think Stevenson was a good casting choice War Zone is just a complete mess of a film. Punisher has it's flaws but I think it's, you know, actually a genuinely good film. In any case I'd probably take 89' over either of these...

The Jane film is too long, and despite a few good action scenes, pretty dull. War Zone is to the point, brutal, and feels closer to the comic character despite having its own issues.

the movie wins the first movie for those who sequel It wasn't good at all and then the much bigger reason the villain of this movie is nothing good even though Howard played by John Travolta even though he wasn't one of my best looking villains definitely A thousand times better than this one herePlease just look at the 2004 one