Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix vs. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

4 comments

6 comments

yuck

Chamber of Secrets is overly long, and holds the viewers's hands through every step of the mystery. But it's still more enjoyable (barely) than the brief Order of the Phoenix, which doesn't quite know what to do with itself as a movie.

JRM
JRM

I liked Order of the Phoenix more. Though this may have to do with the fact that it's my favorite book.

I prefer "Order of the Phoenix," but I will confess that I was somewhat disappointed in that I didn't feel any real sense of progress in the story from where we were at the end of "Goblet of Fire."

Phoenix. Chamber of Secrets is my least favorite book & movie; it sets up a few things, but nothing that warrants its own solo story. Should have been combines with Sorcerer's Stone.

I reckon the Phoenix is the worst potter film. I'm choosing the Chamber of Secrets. I've always like the first few movies the best, purely because of their more authentic looks. I like the fact that they're not over done by special effects like the more recent ones. Although, Daniel, Emma and Ron's acting is a lot better the older they get.

In the Chamber storytelling is much better than in the Phoenix, but in the Phoenix acting and effects are much better. Yates failed movie completely (for me Phoenix is one the best and important books in the series), so I choose the Chamber!!!

I have yet to watch Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows. Thus far, Chamber has easily been my least favorite Potter film...yet as I consider this, I realize that I remember the least about Order...and I've seen it most recently! Most forgettable? I guess so, and so it should perhaps lose here. Goblet of Fire is good, but Prisoner of Azkaban is the only Potter film to truly register with me so far.

Yeah, Order of the Phoenix is the most forgettable, possibly even the worst one (it's in close competition with Goblet of Fire). It flies by but that's also its biggest problem; one of thickest books translated to a fast-paced film that's also the shortest in the series. People crap on the Chris Colombus flicks, but I actually hold them in fairly high regard. The first one might not be the best, it does however have the most iconic moments in the entire series. There are just too many to count in that film. Sure, the first two are "the childish ones", but I think they're good.

Chamber of secrets is much better

I agree with what a lot of others have said here. Order of the Phoenix has some great scenes (Harry talking with Sirius, the ending battle, the lessons with Snape) but overall is kind of forgettable. I wouldn't say it's the weakest of the series (Deathly Hallows Part 1 holds that honor) but I'd easily take Chamber of Secrets over it.

Chamber

Both suck, however Order is without a doubt far worse than Chamber.