Pulp Fiction vs. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

8 comments

3 comments

Two perfect movies.

I wouldn't go so far as to call either perfect. Neither is as much a picture of perfection as it's made out to be; but Pulp Fiction's imperfections only enhance it, I feel.

I'm so torn between these two.

Two of my favorite films ever made; both of these films contain some of the best use of soundtrack ever. They also both have some of the most memorable scenes in cinematic history: Strangelove has a crazy cowboy riding a nuke, PF has a Bible-quoting hitman. I'll take Fiction, but I wouldn't want to live in a world without Strangelove, either.

Pulp Fiction for me.

I'm going with Pulp Fiction.

Dammit, I love Pulp Fiction but I also love Kubrick. 'Fiction' is my favorite film of all time and Kubrick is my favorite director of all time. The only thing about Strangelove is that it's my 10th(?) favorite Kubrick film. This isn't that bad of a match up, but I'm going to hate myself afterwards.

PULP FICTION definitely

Easily, easily Dr. Strangelove.

Pulp Fiction, no question

Dr. Strangelove, no question.

Man. This one is incredibly hard to answer.

Oh, such a close match. Strangelove wins, for me, entirely due to Peter Sellers's performances. Just that extra touch of genius.