Pulp Fiction vs. There Will Be Blood

8 comments

5 comments

PF is 8.8 #5 TWBB 8.4 on my list... (for now)

I love how Tarantino is always comparing himself to PTA in interviews. It's kinda like he's insecure lol. Anyway, Blood is superior film-making. Its slow-and-silent opening 15 minutes are the complete opposite of Pulp Fiction's all-talk-little-substance intro.

Pulp Fiction for me. But There Will Be Blood had a better lead role.

Tarantino compares himself to many acclaimed writer-directors because he's a writer-director. Obvious analogues are obvious, or some such shit. I doubt PTA makes him insecure, but then the QT's a world class nerd and nerds are nerdy. Pulp Fiction, I guess. I generally prefer to OD on a glut of stylised banter and convo than watch a one page premise stretch to its limit. Blood is one of those movies that I hesitate to re-watch. It's up high, but shit could fall off like Charlie Sheen's nuts. Man, I love Charlie Sheen.

Pulp Fiction. TWBB is good...but to me...it's no Pulp Fiction....

I have to choose Pulp Fiction

Was there really a definitive lead role in Pulp Fiction? Travolta would probably be the only person that comes to mind for that role. Heck, Jackson or Willis could even be thrown up there. I guess because he's the leading actor in the credits makes it safe to say that it's Travolta. But I agree with rob, Day-Lewis is phenomenal in There Will Be Blood. But one role doesn't top my favorite film of all time.

Boo, The Big Kahuna Burger doesn't have milkshakes.

There Will Be Blood wins for its intricate, complex, character development and storytelling. Also: Daniel Day Lewis.

Jules slurps Daniel's tasty beverage while Daniel drinks Jules' milkshake. Verdict: Milkshake > Tasty Beverage!!!

There will be blood

There will be blood easily takes this effort.

Can't go wrong with either but I'll go with Pulp Fiction

Good matchup. I think i'll go for There will be blood.

First and foremost, There Will Be Blood is a better film. That much is obvious, but I prefer Pulp Fiction because I have a much better time with it and would rather rewatch it more often.