Funny Games vs. The Wicker Man

2 comments

2 comments

I hate both, but at least The Wicker Man has Nicolas Cage punching a woman.

One was unintentionally hilarious, the other was annoying as all hell. I know some might prefer FG as the better quality production, but the entire concept and the fact that the people they torture have no chance of winning or surviving due to a whopper of a cop out device make this a very unenjoyable film to sit through.

Cop-out? What fucking movie were you watching? It's entirely intentional. The movie practically tells you it's gonna piss on you and then goes ahead and pisses on you. Even the *misdirection* is massively unsubtle by intent (and all the more beautiful as a result). I'm a sadist, so I got a real kick out of Funny Games, but even if it makes you uncomfortable (and there is certainly a case for considering Funny Games offensive, glib and sententious all at once) calling it a cop-out is bullshit. But, then, you're a mindless cunt who resides in an uncompromising state of simpleminded fuckheadedness, so it's all good. Can't really hold it against a one-boobed woman when she fails to give you a satisfactory tit-wank. The Wicker Man is top-quality Nic Cage farce, though. Not the bees. NOT THE BEEEEES!!! Lovin' some of that.

*brainless (gotta get that brain/mind/head trinity working)