Mallrats vs. Fantastic Four

2 comments

4 comments

Both are cheesy but FF is less cheesy.

ear
ear

At least Fantastic Four has a fun element.

Both are fun and certain scenes in Mallrats still make me smile to this day. Plus, growing up I had a crush on Three's Company's Pricilla Barnes. Seeing her do an extended topless scene is worth owning the DVD for all by itself!

Comic books. Not always a good thing. I dislike both of these with moderate degrees of intensity. Fantastic Four is po-faced and bland. Mallrats is witless. I'm picking FF.

It begs the questions... "Does Mr. Fantastic's whole body stretch" and "Is the Thing's dork made out of little rocks?" ... You know, I think you ought to get him some help. He seems to be really hung up on super heroes' sex organs.

Only Wonder Woman has a uterus strong enough to bear the children of Superman Malrats is probably in my Top 20 somewhere and I've suddenly warmed to the silliness of FF. Dumb fun is still fun.

Mallrats is a movie about guys who like superheroes but aren't superheroes which is written and directed by a man who loves the superhero genre. Fantastic Four is a movie about superheroes that's obviously produced by people who don't like superheroes. Okay so Kevin Smith's Daredevil wasn't as great as it could have been, but even his worst films are still better than the Fantastic Four franchise. The only saving grace for FF is Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm, but even he can't save the proverbial day.