Independence Day vs. Napoleon Dynamite

3 comments

3 comments

ola

oh wow

Napoleon Dynamite works for me. Independence day has some great moments, yet it has about five layers of cheese to goaligng with it. That dog leaping from the fire, give me a break.

To me ID4 just doesn't stand the test of time. I can keep coming back to Napoleon....

Independence Day isn't any good at all. On any level. Napoleon Dynamite is over-rated but it at least has some bite.

I saw Napoleon Dynamite after it game out on DVD, so I pretty much had had the whole movie quoted to me before I saw a shot of it, which was super annoying and has probably prejudiced me against the film. I just don't care for it. But I recognize that it is original, offbeat, and has some endearing qualities -- and there are a few scenes I like in and of themselves. But I would watch it ten more times before giving Independence Day another glance. The only good thing that can be said about that movie is that it ended.

Ah. Independence Day is cheesy fun, despite that it's pretty bad. Stereotype characters left and right and a ridiculous ending, but y'know, it's entertaining. I truly could not stand Napoleon Dynamite...the character and the movie. You know there's something wrong with your movie when you're cheering for the wrong people. Napoleon is such a whining arrogant douche. He is not interesting, he is not funny, he is not sympathetic, he's not even likeable as a douchebag. It's a character you want to punch in the face. I was 30 mins in, and I stopped watching it. Just...wow.