Independence Day vs. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

2 comments

1 comments

As much as Independence Day gets on my nerves, Scott Pilgrim is one of the biggest headaches I've sat through in quite some time. All the characters are annoying, and most of the jokes fall flat. Scott Pilgrim as a character is whiny and I didn't care from the beginning whether he succeeded or not (I am truly sick of Michael Cera now.) The gay friend character is pretty much the same gay friend character from every movie. At least the final battle in Independence Day is kind of exciting. I can't think of anything in Scott Pilgrim that redeems it, aside from a few bits of humor here and there.

To enjoy Scott Pilgrim you have to be a fan of and grown up with videogames and comics. If you aren't a fan of stuff like that or didn't grow up with it I can understand that you didn't care for the movie or didn't understand some jokes. I loved Scott Pilgrim. Just the first scene with the tracking shot on the house and the melody from Legend of Zelda was incredibly awesome.

ID4 is way more fun and entertaining its the ultimate blockbuster more fluff but still kick ass!