Independence Day vs. The Day After Tomorrow

14 comments

2 comments

Emmerich battle! ID4 Wins!

Hard to decide. These are two of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think the acting was somewhat worse in Day After Tomorrow.

Independence Day. The villain--the alien threat--is much more tangible than random bad weather.

Two of the best movies I have ever seen. :D Independence Day is even more awesome than Day After Tomorrow and also probably more realistic. If you can actually say that about any Emmerich film.

The Day After Tomorrow was a terrible, terrible film.

These are two movies with great effects and.... yeah... thats all. The movie with the fresh Prince was better

i don't know, some reason i believe that such a magical tent exist more than i believe jeff goldbloom as a scientist.

Same director same mindless action. ID does it without being so stupid, however.

The problem with "Day After Tomorrow" is even if the politicos had heeded the scientists' warning, it wouldn't have mattered in such little time. It relies on audience empathy with the characters. I never connected with any of them to care whether they lived or died.

Two of the more underrated films. Both people seem to hate, but both are very entertaining.

Though not the best films in the world, I found them both extremely exciting and entertaining. But for me it's definintely The Day After Tomorrow.

I love Independence Day. It's exciting and heartfelt. I can barely stand to sit through Day After Tomorrow.

JRM
JRM

I don't think either are amazing, but Independence Day has that nostalgia factor going for it.

I'm not a huge ID4 guy....but this isn't even a discussion...

ID4 is awesome love the action and flight scenes the cast is all-star its just one hell of a ride its a true guilty pleasure While Day After is dumb and boring with characters no one likes.

Although I did find Independence Day to be cheesy in some parts, it was still fairly entertaining. It's lightyears ahead of Day After Tomorrow in my opinion.