It Follows vs. The Babadook

4 comments

8 comments

on 5/15/2015

The horror of 2014!!! Ultimately liked It Follows more, but both are great.

on 5/16/2015

Babadook.

on 5/23/2015

It Follows seems to be The Babadook of this year as both are fairly low budget Horror films that suddenly made tons of fans out of nowhere. It Follows has amazing cinematography and one of the best scores I've heard in a while, but I found The Babadook to be more unsettling. Slight edge to Mister Babadook.

on 5/23/2015

It follows.

on 6/11/2015

Babadook is better, It follows was creepy but not that scary, the score was good tho

on 7/19/2015

The Babadook is better paced, and has a far scarier monster and premise.

JRM
JRM

on 9/8/2015

I enjoyed both very much, but I liked Babadook more.

on 10/11/2015

The Babadook is a more visceral experience in deconstructing terror.

on 10/11/2015

Two of the best Horror films of the decade and love the indi feel of both, both were scary and original I liked Babodook's acting better over its a better film but I still really love It follows it scared me it was creepy and its a fantastic horror movie in a time where they just don't make much good horror movies anymore!

on 1/10/2017

It Follows wins based on the scare factor, easily.

on 10/8/2017

The look and score of It Follows were fantastic, I liked the performances, and the concept had potential, but like, why lean into the horror "sex=death" trope with such self-awareness and then ... not have anything to say really? The Babadook had just as original a concept and it actually explored grief and mental illness in a really interesting way.

on 10/24/2017

I thought The Babadook was far better.