Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

5 comments

1 comments

on 12/18/2010

I loved both of these, but between Bram Stoker's Dracula and its unofficial sequel, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I'm a bit torn. I loved the supernatural effects in Dracula, but I also loved how Frankenstein's creation is portrayed closer to the book than in the past incarnations. Both had incredible an incredible cast line-up (although I think Frankenstein has more of an edge on that), and the lead monsters also were amazing (however, I think Oldman's Dracula wins out over De Niro's Creature). For now, I think I'll give it to Frankenstein. You know, this would make a really good Reel Rumble.

on 3/21/2011

Can't say I really liked either of these, but I'd take Mary S's Frankenstein over Bram S's Dracula by a pretty wide margin.

on 6/16/2014

Bram Stoker is far superior even the stiff acting by some* is way better than Mary Shelly's Frankie.

on 4/13/2015

In those quotes from Angry Video Game Nerd, he says: "I'm sick of it all! Morning sun, vanquish me!" and "What kind of codes are these?

on 6/19/2016

Both are over the top and not nearly so faithful to their source materials as their titles and reputations would have you believe, but Dracula is just weird enough to actually work. Frankenstein is simply bad.

on 8/27/2016

Not even close...Dracula is way better! And it has Tom Waits...which is always cool.