Friday the 13th vs. Carrie

3 comments

1 comments

two of the best and most important horror films of the era love the camp setting and the serial killer revenge story of Friday 13th but its easy choice its Carrie thats the better film so intense sad and a ending thats almost unmatched its without a doubt one of the greats!

Friday the 13th easily

I watched (and liked) both in the last couple days. Slight edge to Friday the 13th.

"Friday the 13th", the sole 1980 entry, has a reputation among slasher films that I personally don't feel is totally deserved. It really only has that reputation because of the fact that it spawned a huge and at one time popular slasher series. Compared with some other slasher/horror films around the time (notably "Halloween" and "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" which I know many will disagree with me on), I think Ft13th is laughably poor. Carrie, on the other hand, is excellent and has an incredible Sissy Spacek performance at its centre. Incredible climax, a great creepy Piper Laurie. Classic 70s horror, easy win IMO.

I need to agree with SLionsCricket. Friday the 13th is an incredible poor movie. It won't even exist if Halloween didn't came two years earlier. Nuff said, it's still some fun, y'know. I'd probably take Carrie if only for the last 20 minutes, but there's a long and boring set-up before the last 20 minutes. I'll take fun here.