The Usual Suspects vs. The Silence of the Lambs

13 comments

6 comments

I can't i just can't

Wow. Really tough choice but I think Silence of the Lambs is slightly better

A matchup I've been talking about for years, in favour of The Suspects.

The Usual Suspects has one of the most suspenseful and well-acted climaxes in film history. Hannibal disappearing into the crowd isn't as cool as Verbal and "Kobayashi" evading Kujan in the nick of time. Nice to see the bad guys win, for a change ;]

Suspects wins. But so damn close....

Really tough choice but I think I'll have to go with The Usual Suspects

They're both really good movies, but Usual Suspects relies a bit too heavily on its ending. Also, Piccolo, *spoilers!!!* Hannibal's going into that crowd at the end of SOTL, so he can eat Dr. Chilton. Maybe that's not very cool, but I think you've understated things a little... And I also think the climax in Buffalo Bill's basement is pretty suspenseful, but I guess you have a different opinion, and that's cool by me.

I'll be sure to warn everybody about spoilers the next time, hipster.

Wow Flickchart. This is where I draw the line!!! I refuse to choose. I know my ranking will dictate my choice, but I personally refuse to choose. Both are remarkable movies. I've seen hundreds of movies and these two are both in my top 10. Impossible choice.

I'd choose Usual Suspects although I need to revisit both these filmsd

I've finally made up my mind and I'm going with The Usual Suspects. The only thing I really liked about Silence of the Lambs was Dr. Hannibal Lecter. It's still a great film overall, but he was the only part of the film that I highly enjoyed.

Grand matchup. For me, these two represent the very finest from that awesome 90's decade, my second favorite decade of all time mind you. So that's saying a lot. Both have fantastic climaxes. I have to give the oh so slight edge to Suspects though. Just a slick film altogether.

Silence wins with ease

Wow wow wow wow wow............... .I can't chooe. ..probably going with silence....no i can't choose..ok now i am going with suspects.....but it is the most closest match for me

The Silence of the Lambs by a hair.

Silence of the Lambs. Suspects is still amazing though.

Silence by a hair.

I think I'm switching sides here. Silence for the win, this is close.

Wow this is tough, but I'm gonna go with Suspects.

I'll give Silence one more watch but I have seen Usual Suspects twice now and really enjoyed both viewings. TUS for now.

Both of these are very overrated, but the usual suspects is a lot better.