One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest vs. Jaws

14 comments

12 comments

What a damn good year 1975 was, and neither of these are my #1 for the year. I just caught One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest on TV and watched a bit of it. It made me realize that Nicholson, as amazing as he is, isn't even the best part of the movie. The supporting cast is outstanding; DeVito, Lloyd, Dourif and Schiavelli just to name a few. Sorry Jaws.

I have to say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by a nose, this is a very hard decision.

Gotta go with Jaws...but not an easy choice...

Jaws but it's close.

Cuckoo's Nest

Really wasn't feeling either of these movies, but I guess Cuckoo's would win if they had to face off.

Cuckoo's Nest is superior in my opinion because it has really superb performances and story.

Cuckoo is technically more sound an probably a better movie from that standpoint, but I gotta be honest here: I love me some Jaws. I don't know why it gets categorized as horror. It's a suspenseful thriller... one of the greatest might I add.

Cuckoo's Nest is better...

Cuckoo's Nest is the choice, but both are obviously amazing films.

Jaws. It was a movie that clearly defined suspense in the late 70's and early 80's until Fatal Attraction. It made people think twice about going into the ocean

Cruckoo's Nest, Jaws is overrated

Cuckoo

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Cuckoo's Nest for me but Jaws is amazing aswell....

Seen Cuckoos 1 time and fell in love with it. The acting is superb and very compelling. But Jaws man...one of like 5 films to actually scare me in my lifetime. For a film to have that much of an effect on me. It has to win. JAWS

Jaws deserved Best Pic.

Jaws wins here. Both are top 20 for me, and it was extremely difficult choosing a winner, but that winner is Jaws.

Cuckoo's Nest is a million times better

Jaws was the best movie of 1975 in my not so humble opinion

I agree, Jaws was one of the top 3 movies of the 70s, and also the very best movie from its year.

I'm never objective when it comes to Jaws

Jaws is my number 1 on here so yeah.

never loved jaws, but cuckoo's is fantastic

Jaws by far.

Jaws for me. A combo of 1975

Cuckoo's Nest by far. Best film of 1975 and noone in Jaws comes close to Nicholson. Supporting acting in Nest is better too.

Cuckoo has far more depth , meaning and value