Halloween III: Season of the Witch vs. Halloween II

5 comments

3 comments

I was never a big fan of HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH and not just because it had nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.

I personally really like the third most of the time I don't look at it as a Halloween film I just look at it as a stand alone film I mean it has a really cool story to it but im going to choose the second of the series which actually belongs in the series

The second is great... but Season of the Witch really is my favourite in the series after the first one.

More of the same that's not that good, or something new and original...that's even worse? Pfff, that's easy. Ignoring the fact that Halloween 3 doesn't have Michael and that it shouldn't be called Halloween 3 (let's face it: that's almost like beating a dead horse at this point), it's just not good. It's not scary, Tom Atkins does NOT make a convincing hero / ladies man, and the plot is just...stupid. Halloween 2 is not nearly as good as the first film, but at least it's entertaining, which I can't say about Halloween 3. Halloween 2 is a lackluster Halloween sequel, but it's an above average Friday the 13th sequel. Take that for what it's worth. That twist is still really awful though.

Season of the Witch not entertaining? I'll never, ever understand that stance about that movie because I've seen it a million times and every time it's still such a fun movie. It's funny, weird and at times surreal and I get why it doesn't work for some people, but I'll never get questioning the pure entertainment value of it.

Season of the Witch was entertaining and I'll pick it over Halloween II. Despite some embarrassing moments, I really enjoyed it.

Halloween 2 was WAY better.

H2

Big agree! H2 was quite boring for me. I have to say I loved the scene where Laurie desperately screams for help just after Loomis and the guard shut the hospital door.

I’m gonna be honest, I really don’t think H3 is very good. I understand why people like it, I found some guilty pleasure out of it, but people have been hyping this up to be legitimately and objectively great, and as good if not better then H78. But when I watched it, it seemed very campy, dumb, and poorly written. And that love subplot was very unnecessary, and gross with that age gap. And sure it’s very original, but that doesn’t make the movie good, it still needs good writing above all else. Maybe I’m missing something but I just don’t see it. Just seems like a mediocre tv Halloween special. H2 on the other hand, I adore that movie. Nearly as scary as the first, great direction, acting, and above all else writing. And a gothic and gloomy soundtrack. Love H2, Don’t get why H3 has became so loved.

Halloween III has really grown on me, but Halloween II is way up there on the list for my favorite Halloween sequels