Star Wars: The Force Awakens vs. Deadpool

4 comments

3 comments

Oh crap. What to do??

Force Awakens pretty easily. It just felt more epic.

Yes, Force Awakens is big league fun. Deadpool is small time fun. Star Wars takes this easily.

It's still Star Wars.....

I like Force Awakens but it's just a rehashing of the first one. Dead pool is funnier and a more enjoyable experience overall

Deadpool is a refreshing Marvel film that isn't afraid to bend the rules. For that, I applaud it; The Force Awakens doe.

I'm certainly looking forward to the next Star Wars movie more than the next Deadpool one.

The world has gone mad. Or stupid. Or both. Sure, Deadpool is no nonpareil of the comic book movie world (aside from Reynolds' pitch perfect embodiment of my nigga Wade), but The Force Reawakens was better when they made it the first time in 1977. Not a bad film as far as remakes go, but it's, like, "Ain't ah seen dis shit done - and done much better - befo'?" Sandwiching nine-tenths of a dissertation in boilerplate Harvard referencing doesn't suddenly mean you've just slid in a slightly too lengthy citation; it means you're a plagiarist that doesn't have the balls to stand by your own thievery. Go forth and remake, by all means, but at least own your shit when you do it. Or inject your own character, style and wit into the meat that you've hung on the [exhumed] bones, man. Hold that L, Xerox McCarbon Paper!