Avengers: Infinity War vs. The Empire Strikes Back

32 comments

22 comments

on 4/26/2018

So many people are calling Infinity War Marvel's Empire. Damn straight. So good, dark / moving yet fun. I honestly think Infinity War is better.

on 4/27/2018

Infinity War is fun. But can you really sit down, type and submit a comment saying its better than Empire? Infinity War is incredibly incoherent and action heavy. There's no soul to it at all. Empire has complex character development and expands on the mythology of the world. Empire sets up Jedi in the last 10 minutes only but the rest feels like its own story, Infinity War just feels like half a movie and is constantly setting up Avengers 4.

on 4/27/2018

This Avengers movie is the most audacious movie in history. So bold and daring and just damn cool. It really is Marvel's own Empire Strikes Back in all the best ways.

on 4/27/2018

Y'all be tripping. Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film ever, nearly the best movie ever. Infinity War is dope, but not on the same level.

on 4/27/2018

We're talking about art here. Nothing's "better", nothing's "worse". It's all in the mind, y'know. I simply enjoyed Infinity War more. Never been a Star Wars guy. Now come and crucify me because of my opinion. I'm waiting.

ear
ear

on 4/27/2018

No one should crucify you for your honest opinion. I am seeing this Infinity War tomorrow and it has a tall mountain to climb to surpass The Empire Strikes Back. I enter with an open mind but???

on 4/27/2018

Avengers wins, in my opinion, such an emotional epic ride with a 10 year legacy behind it. It's almost unfair to make such comparisons, just be happy we get to experience something like this.

Rac
Rac

on 4/28/2018

While Infinity War is really good, I don't think it necessarily stands alone very well. Can someone just jump on it without seeing A1-2, Cap 1-3, Thor 3, etc.? As a lifelong Marvel Comics reader, and a enthusiastic person about the movies (I haven't loved or even liked, everything they've done), Infinity War was just fantastic, but it doesn't topple Empire. It'll reign supreme.

on 4/28/2018

Agree, Avengers wins because it is an emotional epic ride and every penny hits the screen. Meaning the action and set pieces are the best ever.

ear
ear

on 4/28/2018

This is an entertaining movie but it jumps from scene to scene and never seems to complete a thought without jumping to the next action sequence. It is more of a set piece for the next sequel than its own strong story. It does provide some good acting and great visuals but The Empire Strikes back is still a far superior film. Avenger fans will prefer it but I guess most movie fans will still prefer Empire.

on 4/29/2018

Avengers Infinity War is the better movie. It's not just because it's so fresh in our minds or that the FX are lightyears better it's because it pays off TEN films not just one. And we knew Han was going to be fine. Infinity War moved me to tears.

on 4/29/2018

Omg, the fact that people are claiming that IW is a better film than Empire Strikes Back is baffling. I've seen it twice already, and while it is good, I wouldn't even go as far as considering it great. Empire is beyond great, it's a masterpiece and an ALL-TIME great. IW is... well it's kinda good I guess.

on 4/29/2018

Take a bow Marvel. You made a freakin masterpiece.

on 5/2/2018

(spoilers. you've been warned) Oh, yeah, Ethan8, everyone's gonna stay dead. For. Sure. As I said, I'm not a Star Wars guy. I just didn't like it, at all. But seriously? Actually, they wanted to keep Han dead, y'know. All those guys from Infinity War? They're, OBVIOUSLY, going to resurrect.

on 5/2/2018

infinity war does an impressive job balancing its massive story,but in the end theirs just to much go on for it not to feel a little bloated and clunky.Empire balances every thing better. infinity war may be bigger and more ambitious but empire expands on the original while adding new elements and it does this better then any other move I've seen.

on 5/4/2018

Infinity War does indeed do an impressive job balancing everything. People are comparing it to Empire but frankly Empire isn't a tenth as dark as Infinity War. Add the fact that it pays off about ten years of movies and you have to give Avengers the edge.

on 5/4/2018

Empire by far.

on 5/4/2018

Ironically, Empire is the film with more balance.

on 5/6/2018

Avengers is a film that at times is a nut punch but it was 100% a thrill ride. Better than anything Star Wars.

on 5/6/2018

Empire, and it's not even close.

on 5/7/2018

Infinity War is a haunting masterpiece to be sure.

on 5/8/2018

Avengers is just so damn great. Yet, you have to respect Empire especially after you see what Disney has been doing to modern Star Wars.

on 5/13/2018

Avengers: Infinity War (modern classic) pleases my adult sensibilities. Empire (boomer classic) pleased me greatly as a kid. Voting as a grown up here.

on 5/13/2018

the best movies from these two franchises (so far?); infinity war is much more impressive (and reminds me of hxh in a not necessarily negative way, which is always a plu), but i like both

on 6/17/2018

Avengers: Infinity War is, as of right now, the magnum opus of the superhero film genre in my honest opinion. I have been a huge MCU fan ever since I was 14 years old. It mixes the drama, action, and comedy splendidly. The film has extraordinary visual effects, action sequences, emotional depth, and characters that have evolved for a decade since the release of "Iron Man" (2008).

on 8/11/2018

Infinity War for me. Empire is pretty cool. I really want to know why SquareMaster even watched this movie. He prolly loved the fuck out of it but comes on here and shits on the MCU hahahahahahaha

on 8/12/2018

Empire by far. Infinity War was good only the first time I saw it. Its a mediocre movie which has no idea what it wants to be.

on 8/14/2018

The masterpiece known as Infinity War is now safely in my collection a few shelves ABOVE my Star Wars stuff. Can't wait for Endgame!

on 8/15/2018

Avengers for me also..

on 8/16/2018

The fact that so many are putting Avengers ahead of Empire us sacrilegious.

on 8/17/2018

Avengers hits and rates ahead of Empire because it's the better film. Pure and simple.

on 12/26/2018

After rewatching both of these movies back to back and analyzing them, I came to the decision I like Infinity War the best. I think the fact that I had to think about it is amazing. The sheer size of the action in IF is mind blowing. If Infinity War is my #1, then Empire Strikes Back is a close #2.

on 12/26/2018

Infinity War is far futher awesomeness on it's greatest level than the boring none simple Star Wars.

on 12/27/2018

Avengers did dark better. In fact, all the Avenger films do everything better.

on 1/13/2019

Infinity War was a mediocre mess. Empire Strikes Back is a great film.

on 1/13/2019

Both shape a generation. A lot of overlap but Infinity War is just a better film overall.

on 1/13/2019

Star Wars is overrated mediocre boring, Infinity War > Every Star Wars franchise.

on 1/20/2019

Infinity War by far.

on 1/24/2019

Infinity War was trash.

on 1/24/2019

Empire Strikes Back is a masterpiece.

on 1/24/2019

Infinity war was garbage

on 1/24/2019

Empire Strikes Back

on 1/24/2019

Infinity War hands down.

on 1/24/2019

Oh god. I'm pretty sure Eagle is going to be pissed off. I'm already as well.

on Jan 27

No Star Wars doesn't stand a chance against Infinity War.

on Jan 28

Infinity War is superior but what the hell is going on here?

on Jan 29

“Oh god. I'm pretty sure Eagle is going to be pissed off. I'm already as well.” You got that right, *sighs*.

on Jan 30

Dinckleberry made me flip my vote.

on Jan 30

Doesn't numbnuts realize we could all vote multiple times? What's the point exactly?

on Jan 30

Why make the Eagle angry?

on Jan 30

Bottom line is that both are great movies. So why agitate people that already like your movie?

on Jan 31

For now Avengers is far greater than every Star Wars franchise in every destiny.

on Feb 4

Empire it's not even fair really. Sorry Infinity War.

on Feb 4

Yes, take a bow Marvel. You made a freakin' masterpiece.

on Mar 28

Infinity War dumps every useless boring garbage shit Star Wars on every level.

on Sunday

Infinity War.