Avengers: Infinity War vs. X-Men: Days of Future Past

6 comments

1 comments

Both of these are pretty similar actually. They both even have Peter Dinklage. They do have opposite endings however. At the end of the day I felt that the themes in Infinity War were handled a lot better, and the action coreography and superpowers were a lot more interesting too. I barely remember most of the lines from DoFP, wheras IW has literally dozens of memorable jokes. I don't think DoFP has aged very well, I mean nobody ever seems to talk about it other than that it's probably the best X-Men movie next to Logan. Infinity War for me, though I don't know if it's the best of the MCU, I'd be interested to see how well it ages in comparison to the other MCU films.

They are similar, yes. But Days Of Future Past is more coherent, has more substance, better acting, better action, its story stands on its own more and it’s just more awesome as well. Yes, it is the 7th film in the franchise (of the top of my mind, may be wrong) but it has a real beginning, middle and ending that isn’t just set-up that only works in the context of what happened in the 18 movies and 10 years prior! Days Of Future Past>Infinity War. X-Men>Marvel.

ear
ear

Eagle's point is well taken but I still enjoyed the Avengers: Infinity War more. X-Men movies are not my favorite type of films. Logan may have won this though?

Infinity War is as intense but features FAR better action and more consequences. Being an alternate timeline mutes a lot of the impact of Days of Future Past. Whereas Infinity War still feels like a punch to the gut. DOFP really did feature weak ass action as well.

Marvel vs marvel. X-Men's masterpiece vs Avenger's masterpiece. Both have Peter Dinklage. This is tough. I guess I'll go with Avengers since it's the freshest in my mind.

I love both. I’ll take Avengers

Same. Avengers wins but Days of Future Past is for me toe to toe with Logan as the best X-Men film

infinity war is excellent, days of future past is great