Whiplash vs. Birdman

14 comments

3 comments

Birdman, I would say was a better movie... Barely. Despite Birdman's undeniable quality though, it doesn't provide the entertainment in quite the same way. Whiplash wins.

Hmmm... I'd go with Whiplash cause while Birdman is all-around solid, I felt like it was just missing... something. Whiplash had a fast intense pace.

Both are truly great movies. Both are two of the best of 2014. It's kinda close, but in the end Whiplash wins.

Whiplash.

Whiplash.

Both were amazing, probably the two best movies of 2014. While I feel Birdman is more important, Whiplash was just perfect from start to finish.

I thought Whiplash was fantastic, but Birdman was just more my kind of movie.

hahaha! WTF, birdman by a million miles

Really impressed with both but Whiplash wins by far.

I love Birdman but Whiplash takes this one

Whiplash was intense, my favourite film of 2014, and exceptionally entertaining. Most of the characters plot lines aside from Riggan's felt kind of off, and didn't really feel relevant or relatable to me. Birdman had several layers but I would rather watch Whiplash any more time.

I rate both highly, but right now I'm giving the edge to Birman. I'm not sure that I was in the right frame of mind when I watched Whiplash, or perhaps I let the hype get ahead of me, but for now I'm going with Michael Keaton meta-casting and extended takes.

I haven't seen many 2014 releases but these two are among the most acclaimed releases of that year. Although I loved "Whiplash" and found it to be a remarkably intense 100 or so minutes of film, I would choose "Birdemic" for sheer story and excellent performances across the cast. Two amazing films nevertheless.

To me, Birdman felt like it was trying to be a Great Film, while Whiplash was just trying to tell a story and ended up being a Great Film, if that makes sense. Despite the great performances and cinematography in Birdman, it's Whiplash for me.

I love both but Whiplash I love and seen more times. I can watch it over and over it never gets old.

Slam dunk for Whiplash....

Impossible to decide. Whiplash affected me more heavily, but right now, I think I'd rather watch Birdman. They're the two best movies of 2014. Whiplash might be better, but there's something about Birdman that makes me want to pick it.

Birdman has more creativity and originality but Whiplash is more intense and shocking. Whiplash's ending and Simmons' performance give it the slight edge.