Star Trek vs. Return of the Jedi

8 comments

17 comments

Return of the Jedi pretty easily. A lot more fun

Both are AWESOME movies !

This isn't judging movies... it's judging my soul.

JRM
JRM

Return of the Jedi was among my least favorite Star Wars movies, but that's not saying a lot since I love the whole saga (I just watched them this week, lol), but I think Star Trek is far better.

Return just didn't satisfy. It felt like they were trying to hastily tie up all the loose threads. Star Trek was a blast of fresh air.

Gotta go with Jedi, and I'm even a Trek Fan.

Had they been released in the same summer, I'd have a different opinion on this match-up. But Jedi formed so much of my cinematic vocabulary that I have to choose it. The assault on the second Death Star has rarely been beat on screen.

The assault on the second Death Star kind of bored me, but I still maintain that while "Empire" is the "best" of the OT, "Jedi" is my favorite. "Star Trek" made that franchise fun again for the first time in ages, but it's not my favorite from that series.

You know, I kind of wish I could have seen Star Trek when I was thirteen years old. I hate how jaded I've become towards Star Wars (despite the fact that I keep reading the novels, and continue to watch parodies from Family Guy and Robot Chicken, and subject myself to dreck like the animated Clone Wars movie), but J.J. Abrams totally knocked Star Trek out of the park. It's better than all the Star Wars movies, except maybe Empire.

hero returns from despair to defeat evil villain, save friends, avenge father...hero fights regular villain, plus sex with green chicks

Jedi all the way

You can't see it Trekkies, but my sexy face is smirking.

ear
ear

I never thought I would choose a Sear Trek movie over a Star Wars film but in this case "Beam me up".

ear
ear

I never thought I would choose a Star Trek movie over a Star Wars film but in this case "Beam me up".

As a thank you to opening up the world of Star Trek to me, my vote's going to Star Trek.

Can't rate against eachother. Gonna have to rate separately. Which means they'll both probably appear close to the same spot on my list.

star trek was Amazing! cant wait for the second live long and prosper givin it to star trek!

I'm going for the one that doesn't have any Ewoks.

Very, very close.

The only Trek movie that tops Return of the Jedi is First Contact.

Return of the Jedi by far.

Jedi

Star Trek....Jedi was a bit of a letdown...Still great but tad disappointing. Those Ewoks piss me off

Return of the Jedi.

Jedi for me.

I love Star Trek, but this is easily Jedi...

I've completely changed my mind. Jedi was exceptional with the Luke/Vader storyline but everything else was barely necessary, stupid ewoks, and recycled plotline. Not very well made. Star Trek is an absolute blast.

Return of the jedi by far.

Return of the Jedi, the only Star Trek movie better than ROTJ is First Contact