Divergent vs. Insurgent

3 comments

1 comments

I honestly didn't care much at all for either of these so I'll have to go with Insugent just because it's slightly better. slightly...

Divergent had better pacing and MUCH better character development. Insurgent felt like one action sequence after another, the simulation scenes were way over the top, and I didn't feel I learned much more about the world the films are set in than I already knew from the first movie. Divergent is the textbook example for how to adapt a popular but problematic book by an inexperienced author; its sequel is just kind of an aimless wandering mess.

Divergent had better pacing and MUCH better character development. Insurgent felt like one action sequence after another, the simulation scenes were way over the top, and I didn't feel I learned much more about the world the films are set in than I already knew from the first movie. Divergent is the textbook example for how to adapt a popular but problematic book by an inexperienced author; its sequel is just kind of an aimless wandering mess.

Both are pretty bad and feel like a rip off of Hunger Games. But I'll take the original.