Avengers: Age of Ultron vs. Mad Max: Fury Road

14 comments

30 comments

I love Age of Ultron but HOLY SH***! Fury Road blew me away!

Fury Road.

Fury Road

Avengers 2 is an enjoyable but ultimately forgettable bland popcorn flick. Mad Max Fury Road on the other hand narrowly beats out Django Unchained as the best action movie of the decade.

Avengers destroys Max. Fury Road is all crazed action with no heart. Avengers is way more than that.

Avengers Age of Ultron easily. I honestly don’t understand the seemingly universal praise for Mad Max. I hesitate to even call it a movie because in reality it’s a two hour chase scene. The first two acts of Mad Max grew tedious and became something to endure rather than enjoy. Cool ending though. Still, AoU does it better at every stage.

Few movies have ever given both my eyes and my brains such an enjoyable, frenzied feast. Mad Max: Fury Road is a singular, wholly cinematic experience. Avengers: Age Of Ultron is an extended episode of television.

Avengers was fun but Fury Road beats it into the ground.

Avengers every day all day.

Fury Road. No contest.

Although it wasn't anywhere as good as the first movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron was satisfying enough. A decent sequel, nothing more. In terms of plot, Mad Max: Fury Road is thoroughly mediocre, but when you look at it for the big-screen spectacle that it is, it's an awe-inspiring masterpiece. This one goes to Max...

Avengers is tired and overdone. We've seen this same movie from Marvel countless times before. I'm not saying you must have something new in order to be good, but Avengers for me was uninspiring. Mad Max is easily the best action movie I've seen in 10 years.

Not since The Godfather vs Analyze This thread has there been a desperate need for Tommy Lee Jones' "Really?" gif from No Country. Mad Max, by FAR!!! It's superior to Ultron in every measurable capacity of film-making and storytelling. Miller proves he is much better at world building than Whedon and the entire MCU staff combined.

Fury Road

Fury Road absolutely Crushes Ultron

I'm a dialogue man; plus, I have an investment in the Marvel characters going in, whereas I was completely uninitiated into the Mad Max franchise, so you would think that Age of Ultron would be my pick here. Nope. Age of Ultron is a fun popcorn movie, that I enjoyed all the more because I saw it with a GREAT, very responsive audience. But it really wasn't anything special. I did spend the first twenty minutes or so of Mad Max worried that I wouldn't love it as much as most everyone here did, but once the second act hit and they amped up the character development, I was totally spellbound. Unlike Bobert, I think it had a lot of heart. I wept for Furiosa, the Wives, Nux, the old woman with the seeds. The movie also does a whole lot better by its female characters than Ultron, in my opinion.

I'm a dialogue man; plus, I have an investment in the Marvel characters going in, whereas I was completely uninitiated into the Mad Max franchise, so you would think that Age of Ultron would be my pick here. Nope. Age of Ultron is a fun popcorn movie, that I enjoyed all the more because I saw it with a GREAT, very responsive audience. But it really wasn't anything special. I did spend the first twenty minutes or so of Mad Max worried that I wouldn't love it as much as most everyone here did, but once the second act hit and they amped up the character development, I was totally spellbound. Unlike Bobert, I think it had a lot of heart. I wept for Furiosa, the Wives, Nux, the old woman with the seeds. The movie also does a whole lot better by its female characters than Ultron, in my opinion.

Rac
Rac

Mad Max. No contest.

Mad Max obviously

Avengers was ass while mad max is one of the greatest movies ever made .

Avengers for sure. Fury Road is one long explosion-fest with no story. Avengers has better action and story.

Mad Max was wild fun but AoU is better fun. Both a riot.

Age of Ultron, and it's not even close...Mad Max is wayyyy too noisy and loud to beat out AoU, Ultron had depth and action with a heart and a brain, Mad Max is just one mad car chase! a good mad car chase, but a mad car chase nonetheless, Age of Ultron rules

Age of Ultron is good fun, but Fury Road is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Age of Ultron wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but it was still quite a bit of fun. I can't say the same for Fury Road, which I found to be a well made action movie, but I didn't care about the characters or anything that was going on. The praise it's been getting baffles me. In the words of its own main antagonist: "Mediocre!"

Ultron, I think.

Mad Max wins here, I liked Age of Ultron but after watching it the second time it lost it's spark I still like the movie but it wasn't like the first Avengers, however if it was Ultron from the comics then Age of Ultron would have been my movie of the year, sadly he was just your typical villain that had to be stopped, mad max was the action movie we needed, action movies these days are not that good, the acting in the movie was great, there wasn't any shaky cam which was great, the acting was fantastic, hopefully Mad Max gets nominated for best action and I hope Charlize Theron gets at least a nominations for her role in the movie.

Avemgers 2 may be overstuffed at times, but I give it a SLIGHT edge over Mad Max

Avenger Age of Ultron fucking sucks!!! that was a stretch its not that bad but Fury Road is much better

I get the love for Age of Ultron. I really do. What I don't understand is the praise for Fury Road. Did people actually see that all the way through?

ear
ear

Ultron who? No contest.

The only Marvel movie that actually stand a chance against Fury Road was Days of Future Past. And that's saying something.

Good God Avengers is the way better movie and event. WTF?

FURY FUCKING ROAD! Ultron had some great CGI but nothing else about that movie was that great.

Believe the box office and not the idiots on this one. Age of Ultron is the much better film.

Honestly if you don't pick Fury Road then you need to do some serious self evaluation.

Would I rather a cinematic experience with a simple plot, insane action, and intriguing characters...or whatever the clusterf*ck was that they called Age of Ultron

Age of Ultron was more enjoyable the second time around but I have re-watched Mad Max: Fury Road several times loving it every second. It is easily the better film in my opinion. The action is amazing!

Fury road wins big here.Age of ultron was utter crap

I enjoyed Age of Ultron way more. If anything could be considered utter crap it's Fury Road. Certainly ignorantly overrated.

Age of Ultron: "MEDIOCRE!" F*$% Yea Fury Road are you kidding me? Best action movie I've ever seen.

Both are really well done action movies from last year. Neither had a very good plot. Avengers had the better characters, Fury Road had the better action. The idea behind both films is the action, that's it. Both build up to a sequel. I don't know what all of you think your about to see going to see Avengers. It does it's job. The winner you ask? Fury Road all the way.

Not even close! Mad Max Fury Road is one of the greatest action blockbusters of the 21st century, and is far better than both Avengers films, let alone this bland forgettable sequel.

fury road is incredible, ultron is extremely bland

Age of Ultron is the vastly superior film. It has characters you actually care about and are actually developed. Imagine that!

Call me crazy, but i'd rather see AOU. It's close but i enjoyed AOU more.

Age of Ultron.

Mad Max: Fury Road Takes The Cake

Age of Ultron is so much better that it's almost not worth noting.

fury road but both are great

Mad Max is easily the best film of 2015 and honestly a top 10 of the decade, no Marvel movies will ever be that good.

Fury Road is what Age of Ultron should've been