Mad Max: Fury Road vs. Interstellar

4 comments

8 comments

I feel like Interstellar easily has the better plot and just more substance.

Both are pretty overrated but Interstellar wins because it's actually good!

Fury Road is a blast to watch but I'll take Interstellar. Truly spectacular

Interstellar>Mad Max: Fury Road

I expected much but was ultimately disappointed by Interstellar. True, it's a technical powerhouse (but what isn't, coming from Nolan), but it's tonally confused and I didn't dig the final act. It's also one of the worst examples of exposition-heavy writing which has been a factor, for good or ill, in all of Nolan's work. Mad Max: Fury Road caught me completely by surprise; I had never seen a Mad Max film, didn't expect to enjoy it much and didn't get round to watching it until I saw it on a flight (usually a huge hindrance on the quality of even the best films), and yet I thought it was an absolute blast from start to finish. I know which one I'll be putting on again soon, Mad Max wins.

ear
ear

Interstellar is not perfect but I give it the edge here.

ear
ear

Interstellar is not perfect but I give it the edge here.

interstellar has the slight upper-hand in visuals, but mad max is more fulfilling overall

Just my preference I like Intersteller more

Both of these efforts are motion picture diarrhea to be honest. I wouldn't re-watch Interstellar if you paid me. So, that makes Max the winner by default.

Small edge to Mad Max...

Fury Road was fun and had awesome visuals but Interstellar stuck with me far longer it had actual complex emotional depth.