12 Angry Men vs. To Kill a Mockingbird

17 comments

1 comments

Two courtroom classics. I'm going with 12AM.

12 angry Men had one of the most compelling back and forth debates ever presented on film. It presented both sides with legit reason to suspect guilt AND innocence of the accused. The fact that the truth is never known becomes irrelevant.

#8 vs #9 I will go with 12 angry men

I'll be in the minority with To Kill a Mockingbird. Both of these films stick incredibly well to their source materials but I found myself liking Mockingbird a bit more than Angry Men.

12 Angry Men appeals to me more...To Kill a Mockingbird is a fine movie, though.

I agree with SquareMaster. 12 Angry Men for the win.

12 Angry Men has one of the deepest explorations of human differences I've seen in film. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird, book and movie, but 12 Angry Men holds steady at #1.

To Kill a Mockingbird is a such a great film adaptation of one the best novels, but 12 Angry Men is superior.

TKAM

Loved To Kill a Mockingbird and Gregory Peck will always be my favorite in this role, but 12 Angry Men had me in suspense. One of the best courtroom dramas on film. Absolutely love it.

No dout TKMB is brilliand and a classic with a better story but I often felt jaded and a little bored 12 Angery Men is my fav court room drama im always compelled by the acting and unsure of how the verdict should be Im so in awe of the classic.

Two movies I loved as a kid. Two movies I love even more as an adult. Two of the best films ever made, and arguably the best acting ever by Henry Fonda and Gregory Peck respectively. I would never have a problem with someone choosing Mockingbird in this head-to-head, but 12 Angry Men wins it every time for me.

To Kill A Mockingbird

12 Angry Men is better in every regard.

Two of the finest courtroom dramas you'll ever see. 12 Angry Men for me, but both are top 50.

12 Angry Men by a mile

I agree 12 Angry Men by far

Everything about 12 Angry Men was perfect. Acting, suspsense, dialogue. And the surprising thing is that a movie with that small of a scale surprisingly still holds up on repeated viewings! There's some great touches in the screenplay of To Kill A Mockingbird and the courtroom sequences are top notch but the rest is pretty meh if I'm in being honest!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with To Kill a Mockingbird, but it is not Top 100 material for me like its competition here.

TKAM is fine, but the book is better. 12 Angry Men does so much with so little and is just better.

2 of my top 5 films. Depends on which one I saw last. I guess I have to go 12 Angry Men.

ear
ear

12 Angry Men is tops here.

12 angry men dominates

How does the AFI rank To kill a mockingbird higher than 12 angry men?