Captain America: Civil War vs. Iron Man

8 comments

5 comments

Despite Civil War not having the balls to commit to anything substantially consequential, and the villain being a superfluous catalyst, the highs are just too high for me not to chose it over the incredible Iron Man.

Pretty sure Iron Man is unmatched in the realm of "superfluous villains". Love RDJ, but the first Tony Stark romp is easily Marvel's most overrated film.

Iron Man is considered an all-time classic already for a reason.

The fact that Iron Man himself contributed to Captain America taking the title of "best comic book trilogy" is actually IRONic no? Civil War wins this but what if Cap had appeared in any of these Iron Man films?

I'll swap to Civil War here.

Civil War by far.

Civil War crushes....

Iron Man but i enoyed CW aswell.

Two of the greatest movies ever made but for different reasons.

Civil War has a better story but this time it’s more flawed than Iron Man. Iron Man wins

Stark power does elevate these films above most if not all others. TRUE.

I liked Iron Man more personally

Both are in my top 5 MCU, but there was something fresh about Iron Man starting it all when it wasn't all preoccupied with connecting so many characters and timelines.

Definitely both top 5 MCU, Iron Man is special because it launched it all but I rate Civil War as the best of them all. It's a huge collaboration where every single character comes out more developed and better from it. Captain America, Iron Man, Wanda, Black Panther, Bucky, Zemo, Falcon, Spiderman and Vision all have their own arcs. T'Challa and Peter Parker being introduced is seamless and they add to the story, not detract. Zemo is such a great villain. 2 truly great movies though.