Ordinary People vs. Raging Bull

5 comments

6 comments

Are you kidding? No comments?

RAGING BULL. who gives a shit about ordinary people anymore?

Raging Bull is my favorite Scorsese film, but I don't begrudge Ordinary People its Oscar wins for even a second. A powerful meditation on grief that is great across the board. In short, 1980 was a case of a great film losing to another great film at the Oscars. Personally, I think we should be lucky that masterpieces get even nominated.

Ordinary People is a decent film, Timothy Hutton's performance is great, but Raging Bull is a lot more moving in my opinion and this is just another one of those this should have won best picture over this moments.

Definitely enjoy Ordinary People, but I gotta agree with the masses...Raging Bull wins.

Raging Bull is entertaining, deep, and effective. But Ordinary People is more.

I honestly think Ordinary People deserved the Oscar for Best Picture

Ordinary People....I found Raging Bull to be incredibly boring.

Other way around for me. I still, for the life of me, don't understand how Ordinary People beat RAGING FUCKING BULL for Best Picture. It's one of the great travesties in Oscars history, and believe me there's a lot of travesties to go around.

One of the worst decisions in the history of the Academy Awards. Don't get me wrong, Ordinary People is an excellent movie, but it's not even in the same stratosphere as Raging Bull.

Ordinary People great film and book. Raging Bull is good, but Ordinary People wins.