(500) Days of Summer vs. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

4 comments

5 comments

my 2 favorite "after breaking-up" movies. but this is my favorite Jim Carrey role. so eternal sunshine gets the win.

I love both of these movies, but I think Eternal Sunshine is just a little bit better.

What a match up! But Sunshine it is...

I like 500 days slightly more.

my #1 and #2 movies... ill never forget watching 500days of summer for the first time, it was one of the most powerfull movies id ever seen.. but that was the first time i saw it. and although i have not watched it again, i don't think i would respond to it the same way. so ill give it to eternal sunshine cause ive seen that about 5 times and i love it more each time.

Both are films that stay with you for a while and both are very well done. Somehow, I like 500 Days more.

It's weird, but it feels like the protagonists of both movies were based, somehow, on my personality. This time, Sunshine gets my vote.

Definintely Eternal Sunshine.

Although (500) Days of Summer loses some steam in its second half (the movie starts to feel redundant after a while), the first half is pure romantic comedy genius. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is far too drab and mopey for me. (500) Days of Summer is just better, in my book.

Both are damn fine films, I'll go with Eternal Sunshine.