Moonrise Kingdom vs. Pulp Fiction

6 comments

8 comments

on 9/3/2013

The decision is killing me, but I have to pick substance over action. I love these two films to death. Both are hilarious, yet I feel more connected to the characters in Moonrise. And butt rape scenes make me feel weird. Moonrise Kingdom is my pick, but both are in my top 5.

on 9/3/2013

Pulp Fiction is an action film? Huh.

on 9/3/2013

Both are in my top 50, which means that they both must be fantasmically permazing. But . . . Pulp Fiction is a teensey weensey bit better. Moonrise is a really close second though.

on 9/4/2013

I didnt call Pulp Fiction an action film just like I didnt call Moonrise a substance film. Pulp Fiction had a lot of action though, didn't it?

on 9/4/2013

Alright, but I don't think Moonrise Kingdom has any more substance than Pulp Fiction does. With Pulp Fiction it's all about the dialogue, with Moonrise Kingdom it's all about the style and cinematography. Neither focus that much on the story ("substance"), to be honest. And yeah, Pulp Fiction has more action (if action means people standing in place firing a gun), but it's not like Tarantino prefers action over substance. There are only, I dunno, 3 "action" scenes? My 2 cents.

on 10/4/2013

Pulp fiction by centuries! My goodness this should be obvious!

on 10/4/2013

Not to mention Pulp Fiction had better substance and action.....and story, as well as direction!

on 10/4/2013

Pulp....not too difficult.

on 10/17/2013

Now that I think about, you're completely right MysticSpoon. I still choose Moonrise though. Those just weren't the words I was looking for.

on 10/17/2013

Moonrise Kingdom all the way. Love Pulp Fiction but it's not very deep.

on 11/16/2013

I magically came back to this and since one guy voted three times I will too! Pulp Fiction wins!

on 4/13/2014

Wes Anderson is reliably good, but he has yet to make a movie as inspired as Pulp Fiction.

on 4/13/2014

Pulp by far

on 4/14/2014

Fairly easy win for Tarantino.