Casablanca vs. It's a Wonderful Life

11 comments

15 comments

This is a battle of two classics.

Are you kidding me?!? Ouch

Gotta go with Bogie.

goddamn! two broken men. two iconic films. classics. i'm a sucker for capra endings. gotta go with jimmy.

Capra's boy by technical knockout after 11 rounds. Yeah, that's right. Didn't get to the 12th. You heard me. ;)

"Casablanca" for me. "Wonderful Life" is all about building up to a rewarding ending, whereas "Casablanca" is more ambiguous. There's certainly something to feel good about, but it's not the happy ending that I think we wanted. That took guts.

I refuse to click on either of these titles until Flickchart gives me the option of selecting both. Sorry, but each of these films is better than the other.

"Casablanca" does not have any goofy scenes set in outer space.

Why Why Why

A more positive, feel good film that stands the test of time. A film you can watch when your down and out of luck. It's a Wonderful Life get's my vote.

Two films that should be dear to any film fan's heart. Two of the best stories ever put to film. I'm going Jimmy Stewart just because...

"It's a Wonderful Life", simply because of the bigger impact it made on me, compared to "Casablanca".

What? Casablanca is losing??? OMG... Wonderful Life is a classic, but let's not go overboard here. If I had to choose one movie (very hard to do... next to impossible) as greatest ever, Casablanca would get an extremely long stare. In fact, I've had Casablanca at #1 on my list for a while now. There are only a handful of movies that could ever supplant Casablanca's #1 spot on my list, and Wonderful Life isn't one of them.

JStew over Bogey....but we all win here....

It's gotta be Casablanca.

It's a Wonderful Life is the winner here. But these are both perfect films.

Casablanca is probably the better film but I can't imagine myself watching it at least once a year for the rest of my life like I know I will with It's A Wonderful Life.

Both are beautiful movies I can get lost in. I'll go with It's a Wonderful Life, but they're both so damn good...

Casablanca

It's A Wonderful Life has had a huge impact on me. I've never bought into Casablanca being a top ten movie of all time. It's a great film but I just don't see it that way. Capra's film reduces me to a bawling little child by the end every time, and no other film has done that to me.

It's a wonderful life by one spot. Casablanca is still one of the best films.

Nope - Casablanca is too perfect to lose.

This is an easy decision for me; Casablanca wins without a second thought.

Tough! Two films that I feel the most emotionally connect too out of any film other ever made! Casablanca is my favourite films of the 1940s and one of the best of all time!

It's a Wonderful Life..

Play it again Sam...

Wow, two absolute classics. It's a Wonderful Life for me.

i love casablanca, bogart is my fav actor. but its a wonderful is way more beautiful so its a wonderful life wins!

I do like Casablanca but in my book it doesn’t even come close to Its a Wonderful Life. So this is no contest.

Two of my absolute favorite movies, not just of the 40's, but of all time. Casablanca has some of the most amazingly emotional directing and storytelling in any movie, and Bogart and Bergman are iconic and amazing together. It's a Wonderful Life is one of the most heart-warming films ever and is also very emotionally directed and acted with many incredible small character moments that add to its warmth and power. It's a stellar matchup, and my vote goes to It's a Wonderful Life.

After rewatching Casablanca, I've got to say it barely edges out It's A Wonderful Life

Casablanca is definitely in my top 100 but not top 1. Unlike it’s a wonderful life. So it’s quite obvious which one I like more.