Casablanca vs. Rear Window

12 comments

14 comments

Classic

You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss....though Grace Kelly looked AMAZING in Window..

Classic vs Classic- Goddamn! I'll say Casablanca

Yes, a slight edge goes to Casablanca in this matchup. Rear Window is good enough, however, that I'm not overly confident in choosing one over the other.

Casablanca takes this one

Rear Window for me.

After re-watching Rear Window, it has moved up at least 30 places. It's now in my top 20. Casablanca is also in my top 20....I still can't choose!! Both females leads are Hitchcock's most famous females........Damn, this is tough!

It's Casablanca by a long way for me. I do have to see Rear Window again. I watched it when I was less open to older movies. However, as slionscricket knows, I don't re-watch movies very often. :)

Rear Window had been spoiled for me for years so I wasn't in any hurry to see it. But when I finally did, I was transfixed. I've rarely been as riveted by a movie.

Two classics that both stand the test of time....Rear Window by an inch...

Two classics. I prefer Rear Window as a more enyertaining watch.

Rear Window is one of the best Hitchcock films of all-time. Only Psycho is ranked higher for me. Casablanca is one of the great love stories of all-time, but Rear Window head-to-head is just slightly higher on my list. On my list, this is #10 vs #16 all-time.

Love Rear Window, but Casablanca is the winner here!

Eh, I'm going to have to switch sides and go with Rear Window by the SLIMMEST of margins. It is Caesar's prerogative to change his mind.

I love Rear Window.. It's in my top 30. But Casablanca is better in every way. Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman > Jimmy Stewart & Grace Kelly

Casablanca is a sweeping film with the better acting and grand story but I think Rear Window is an original masterpiece the close space set and the mystery of it is one of my favs love watching it in technicolor and love Grace Kelly! I always prefer Stewart over Bogart.hard choice but Window wins.

don't hold up for me either one. Rear window i really liked, I only liked casablanca

Casablanca, easy

Tiniest edge to Rear Window

Cool pairing. I'll go with Rear Window

Rear Window for favorite preference of first 8 films in my chart

Casablanca for me

Excellent matchup! Rear Window is more my kind of movie. Casablanca is still great, though.

Casablanca, but you can't go wrong with either

Not many Hitchcock's movies can beat Casablanca in my book. Rear Window isn't one of them.

Dang this is impossible to pick from.

Two completely different types of movies, though I would rank Casablanca above Rear Window. Its story is more compelling, it's more iconic, and IMO the movie ages better than Rear Window

I love Rear Window. Casablanca honestly bored me. Which is a shame. I was really excited to see it.

Love ‘‘em both. But can’t pick above Casablanca here.

Rear Window was my type of movie