2001: A Space Odyssey vs. Iron Man

5 comments

3 comments

This would be different if it was IM2 or 3, but it's not.

Yeah I'm going to have to go with the consensus here. 2001 just sticks with me more.

2001 easily. Tbh, Iron Man just gets worse and worse in every re-watch. It sucks and it's not fun. 2001's pace? Taut, yet fun. I'd rather watch an artsy movie than a Marvel/DC movie, because it's way more fun to be completely honest. At least, it's engaging, and compelling. Isn't cinema a visual medium after all?

Unless you're over 60 you have to vote Iron Man.

Unless you have no brain or you're under 5, you have to vote 2001.

Iron Man is a complete film. 2001 is a simple film for simple minds.

Simple movie for simple minds? Okay, I'm stepping in on this. Did you understand the hidden themes and messages about humanity, religion, science and evolution? The movie is about our place in the universe and the damage that technology can have on a person's intellect. The symbolism and the visual storytelling is just unmatched. It's not a simple movie because so much is going on in every frame. The movie is made for those with an imagination. Those who can see an image and be able to think about what it means. 2001 opened my mind up to the world and change my worldview like only few movies have ever done. I love it because of it's artistic style and it's complexity, same reason why I hold The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut in high regard. The first Iron Man is great but if you really want simple, I recommend every Marvel movie made after 2010.

2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the best and most influential movies ever made. Iron Man is not a worthy opponent, move along, Marvel.

In reality, Iron Man is one of the best and most influential movies ever made. If Iron Man fails, Marvel Studios fails. It's that simple. Then, we would have been cheated out of the greatest movie run any studio has ever been on. 20+ films that redefined the cinema.