Taken vs. Sin City

2 comments

0 comments

I know I'm going against the grain here, but Sin City is an awful mess that is incapable of surpassing a muddy script, sketchy characters, and some of the worst dialog I have ever heard. The cast is at times interesting but evidently underused and often directionless, mired in a universe where concept and chicks in tight clothes and swords are more important than story and just about everything else. Taken isn't the best thriller-action flick out there but Liam Neeson is capable enough.

Chicks in tight clothes and guns (swords as metaphor?) ARE more important than just about anything else! Fortunately Sin City chooses not to pander to the Kleenex brigade with overly emotional character developments and naive back stories. The film is purely about style, delivery, attitude and entertainment. Taken's a fun watch too but, what're you gonna do? How can you compete with Jessica Alba as a stripper?

Sin City is a bot overrated, The second one is god awful. Although the second and third Taken flicks are hard to get though as well. Taken is the better of these two.