The Shawshank Redemption vs. The Dark Knight Rises

20 comments

2 comments

Both are equally epic journey of a 'hero' that changed the people and place around him. Both are long. Both has an emotionally satisfying. Both has Morgan Freeman. Shawshank has more emotional resonance.

Shawshank, and no matter how good "Rises" is....not even close.

i loved both, but shawshank is as wonderful and filled with hope and courage as the day it was released and the first time i saw it, the ending still gets me everytime

Shawshank crushes here.

This would be a lot closer if it were The Dark Knight taking on The Shawshank Redemption. As it is, The Dark Knight Rises can't hold a candle to Frank Darabont's classic.

What Caesar said.

What Caesar said was correct. Shawshank is one of the top ten greatest films and is a perfect film. Everything about that film is absolutely perfect whereas TDKR was quite flawed and didn't live up to the expectations for me. A better match up would be against TDK, and Shawshank would be one spot behind TDK

TSR by much.

I'm going with Shawshank, because no matter how much i love TDKR, Shawshank is Morgan Freeman's best work (which is really saying something) and is a lot more emotionally compelling than TDKR, while being just as interesting.

My knigga! Mah knigga!

The Shawshank Redemption.

TSR wins...

Shawshank

Hard choice, but The Shawshank Redemption is the better one.

Shank wins this

I love rises.It is my favourite from Nolan's batman triology.But even it cant beat redemption

As a huge fan of The Dark Knight Rises, I must say that The Shawshank Redemption wins, easily. But come on, seriously, almost any film that comes up against Shawshank becomes squashed.

Shawshank is certainly damn the best classic films ever, it certainly just crushes the very far worst Dark Knight Rises as far the worst film ever ruined the trilogy.

Shawshank is certainly damn the best classic films ever, it certainly just crushes the very far worst Dark Knight Rises as far the worst film ever ruined the trilogy.

The Shawshank Redemption by 1K miles.

ear
ear

A Shawshank landslide.

Love both but Shawshank stomps.