X-Men: Days of Future Past vs. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

10 comments

9 comments

Apes

X-Men: Days of Future Past is good, but it's WAY out of its league here. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the movie of the year.

X-Men for me, but both are spectacular films with emotional storytelling and amazing action sequences.

X-Men.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes triumphs here. X-Men: Days of Future Past is absolutely great, but Dawn just outclasses it.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

JRM
JRM

X-Men for SURE. Dawn was fantastic -- just not Days of Future Past fantastic.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a brilliant sequel.

X-Men had something that Dawn severely lacked: likeable and interesting characters. Besides that, I'm just a sucker for its Terminator-esque time travel elements and the groovy 70s style it had.

Days of Future Past hands down.

dawn was amazing but i love the x men series more .

Both great, I'm more of an X-Men guy though.

My top 2 of 2014 so far. I've gotta give the edge to Days of Future Past though. Both are great sequels.

Days of Future Past, blows Apes out of the water.

My two favorite films of 2014 so far. Both are amazing, and both outperforms their predecessors with range! Right now I'm gonna have to give the slight edge to Days of Future Past

I actually give the slight edge to Dawn...but loved 'em both...

DotPotA has the technical aspects on point, but X-Men far outclasses it in characters and performances.

I'm a sucker for a good X-Men movie. Dawn was great, I did love it but X-Men is amazing.

dawn of apes

Love apes but days of future past gets the easy win here