Die Hard vs. The Matrix

16 comments

16 comments

Why why why? This is impossible to decide. Both are groundbreaking and hold up well. I gusee I have to go with the Bruce Willis factor.

Come to the coast. We'll get together... Make a tough choice.

Fuck me!! Both redefined the action genre. I'll go with Die Hard coz Bruce Willis makes an awesome 'everyman hero'

The Matrix is a better action film than the overrated Die Hard.

Diehard is overrated

the Matrix is better

Yep, both were groundbreaking and both still kick major ass. Die Hard wins due simply to having the more charismatic characters.

Die Hard

Die Hard feels too safe for its own good, even though I tend to want to give it some extra credit just to balance out the faux-intellectuals who take issue with it being "jingoistic" or whatever. I dunno, tossup. Die Hard might be ranked higher or my chart, but I can recall so little I like about it that right now I might choose The Matrix.

The one with more and better action. The one where the characters don't spend most of the movie talking through damn walkie-talkies. The one that isn't dull. Yeah, I think Die Hard's pretty overrated.

Die Hard is a tiny bit overrated but I still really like it. The Matrix for sure wins, still.

I'd like to make my contribution to this discussion by saying that Die Hard is overrated.

Two of the best action films, for now I'd pick Die Hard. Both are in my top 20 and both are revolutionary films. "Woah" or "Yipee Ki-yay, motherfu*ker!" Die Hard but a close call

Die hard

Can't go against Die Hard....no matter how much I love the Matrix...

John Fucking McClane

Die Hard because it is one spot above Matrix. And I'm that kind of guy.

The Matrix. I love both of these, as they are currently both in my Top 10. But if I'm choosing a winner here, it's gotta be The Matrix.

ok i am officially changing my position, the Matrix...

Die Hard in a really close matchup

Matrix

matrix is so powerful with its thought-provoking message, whether it is real or not, but I don't like the acting in it and thought the ending was disappointed. I had expected more. That is why it looses to awesome-perfect-action-pack die hard

Walt. Matrix is so thoughtprovoking and have awesome action, but not so good acting. Die hard is better action and acting although not an awesome and cool storyline as matrix. I might change a lot between these two.

Matrix!

Die Hard was fun... really fun. But let's be honest here guys: Die Hard is really a glorified popcorn flick... a really good one... probably the best on ever... but still a glorified popcorn flick. That plot has been done several times over in countless movies. Maybe Die Hard inspired a lot of movies. That's great and all, but so did The Matrix. And to this day, The Matrix somehow still feels fresh every time I watch it. The Matrix for me.

Leaning towards Die Hard

Die Hard was a great action ever known, but Neo would take over John for a edge around it.

Die Hard is far from overrated. It is still one of the best action movies ever made.

Die Hard by an infinitesimal amount.

Die hard kicks matrix's puny ass.

Die Hard

Die Hard is more my speed.

Die Hard has great action and memorable characters. The Matrix is one of those movies I never understood why it's held in such high regard considering how dull it was!

Die Hard is rather more watchable and better pacing, Matrix is now beyond more annoying and most forgettable of a cartoonish highly unpleasant none special anything.

HUGE FAN OF THEM BOTH. MATRIX is just so bad azz. The movie has more depth and deeper story. MATRIX is a slick Sci- FI masterpiece MATRIX wins