X-Men Origins: Wolverine vs. The Dark Knight

1 comments

7 comments

Sorry, but Wolverine is simply the much cooler character. Logan is more complex, has more depth and is more believable. Plus, Hugh Jackman is a far better actor than Christian Bale.

When it comes to characters in a movie, no matter how cool a character may be in general, no amount of coolness can save a movie that sucks. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is more of a videogame than a real movie, and I've played better videogames. There is no real drama, excitement or significance to anything that happens, and so the Wolverine character is pretty much wasted. X2 made much better use of Wolverine, and all the characters, than X-Men Origins. I like The Dark Knight more, not so much because of cooler characters, but because it's not some souless action flick like X-Men Origins is. Wolverine's story in X-Men Origins is told lifelessly, so in the context of that movie he really isn't all that cool. He's just some videogame character fighting other videogame characters.

Gotta go with king of pain on this one, x-men origins was a truly awful movie.

The best and the worst in superhero movies!

Yeah, definitely the Dark Knight.

Is this a joke? Wolverine is without a doubt the most truly dreadful cinematic experience I've ever had. Everything that could possibly go wrong with a film...DID go wrong! From the pointless cameos to the atrocious acting to the rushed plot elements to the countless plot canyons to the mind-numbing cliche upon cliche, and, arguably, the BIGGEST deus ex Machina in film history (with IM2's element hidden in the diorama coming close). Wolverine has forever tainted the reputation of Gavin Hood, reducing him to the level of hack. TDK wins in a default landslide!

Dude you're nuts. Yeah, I love Marvel and Wolverine IS the coolest character in all comic-dom (and possibly all literature). Yeah, he's even cooler than DC's finest and yeah, Hugh Jackman is crazy awesome with the charisma (though clearly he doesn't have the range or brilliance of Bale). And hell yes, cool alone can be enough to make a movie delicious. But all of that means dick - Origins slaughtered itself.

Now, a Prestige reunion with Bale as Batman and Jackman as Wolverine...THAT I'd like to see. Oh, and you'd better believe I'd rather have Nolan directing.

Lol, picking Origins simply because it has a cooler character. That's like preferring eating shit over a good steak, simply because "there's a tiny piece of chocolate in there and I like chocolate".

Man, Wolverine > Batman. But this is no reason to pick Origins here. Now that's a reason: Joker > Baraka.

x-men origins wolverine is garbage, dark knight is excellent

avenger7 prefers origins to TDK, jesus