Despicable Me vs. Megamind

4 comments

6 comments

Despicable is way more memorable.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this one. Contrary to popular opinion, I thought these were pretty close to each other in quality, and that Despicable Me was a trifle overrated. In fact, I'm going with Megamind here (at least for now), because I found Ferrell a more memorable voice actor than Carrell (as much as I generally prefer the latter's work) and because the theme song of Despicable Me was so dang annoying.

I enjoyed Megamind, but I doubt I would watch it again, whereas I've watched DM multiple times and have not gotten tired of it.

megamind easily.despicable me was just too generic.

Neck and neck, but it's Megamind by a hair...

Megamind was funnier, smarter and just generally more entertaining.

Both are good but I pick despicable me. Hal as the superhero kinda sucks in megamind

I'm gonna have to say Despicable Me. Megamind isn't quite as funny the second or third time around.

For me, this isn't even close. Megamind had two great, funny, performances from Will Ferrell and David Cross, plus more interesting takes on the whole villain-vs-hero concept (Despicable Me doesn't even really have a hero... at all), plus the action sequences in Megamind were also much more thrilling. Megamind.

mega

Megamind is much, much better than Despicable Me.