The Hunger Games vs. Prometheus

5 comments

9 comments

This may heretical to some, but I really think The Hunger Games is the better movie. I just found the plot of Prometheus way too convoluted.

Prometheus

Prometheus, but seeing these movies compared to each other shows the diversity and versatility of science fiction.

I am listening to podcasts about Prometheus, I find that many are comparing it too much to Alien. Sure it's in the same universe, but this film is going in a new direction. They also think it doesn't make sense. Personally, I didn't have trouble, and the parts where I did, I just used my imagination to think what the scenes mean. I don't need everything spelled out to me. Who knows everything could become more clear when a sequel is released. I enjoyed Hunger Games more than I thought I would. But I found the camera style very annoying. Waaaay to much shaking. This has to go to Prometheus for me.

I will say one thing against Prometheus that won't make sense unless you have seen it. Just run sideways. It has had me nearly yelling at the screen for many a movie. JUST RUN SIDEWAYS!!! In life, sometimes it's good to stick to the path, stay true and follow through, yet here, just RUN THE HELL SIDEWAYS!!

Yes, poor Charlize. Maybe in the future, pretty girls can't perform any lateral movement...kind of like how Zoolander can't turn left.

My two favorite movies of the year so far. I'd give a slight edge to The Hunger Games, although Prometheus was an excellent return to the Alien universe by Ridley Scott (and the cinematography definitely beats out THG's). By the way, I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like to see Jennifer Lawrence and especially Michael Fassbaender get nominated for Oscars for their roles in these movies.

Yeah I loved Prometheus when it first came out, but I feel like any opinion I have of the film has been hijacked by the cries of millions of butthurt haters declaring it the antichrist of cinema. Having watched it three times, I still think it's a fine, albeit flawed film, but my opinion of it is diminishing with each viewing. I've only seen THG once, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. However, despite my decreased appreciation for Prometheus, I'm still going to give it the nod here.

Yeah I loved Prometheus when it first came out, but I feel like any opinion I have of the film has been hijacked by the cries of millions of butthurt haters declaring it the antichrist of cinema. Having watched it three times, I still think it's a fine, albeit flawed film, but my opinion of it is diminishing with each viewing. I've only seen THG once, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. However, despite my decreased appreciation for Prometheus, I'm still going to give it the nod here.

didn't submit that twice deliberately, server crashed.

For me these were the two most disappointing films of 2012, but I still liked both of them quite a bit. That being said, I'm going with Prometheus.

'The Hunger Games' wins without a doubt. 'Prometheus' has plot hole after plot hole after terribly defined character after clichéd as hell plot. I don't want nor require that a movie spell everything out for me, that's just insulting; and to anyone who believes that my issues with 'Prometheus' are solely because it's convoluted, make no mistake- it's because of the characterizations that make any sense: Smart scientist guy, with GPS floating balls and yet he gets lost? WTF? A scientist that makes first contact to only believe the alien creature he sees is like a dog so he pets it? We were told earlier that these folks represent some of the best in their fields. Jesus, how I weep for the future of mankind if the brilliant people are that stupid. There are more examples I could cite, but I don't have all night. 'The Hunger Games' might have flaws, but it is entertaining and engaging; far more than I thought it would be.

I'm surprised by this outcome. Prometheus was the bigger disappointment for me, but I wasn't expecting much from The Hunger Games to begin with. Anyway, I'd give both of these something in the C/C+ range and give THG a substantial edge.

I gotta go with Hunger Games on this one. Love the Alien franchise more as a whole, but Katniss wins on this one.

Hunger Games, Prometheus was fine but Hunger Games was a pleasant surprise