Dracula vs. The Fly

0 comments

3 comments

Okay, I don't know if I can continue... Both of these get criticized for fair reasons, but I'm just a sucker for classic horror films. Both of these are much better than any horror movie made in the last 30 years. That being said, there's a decision to be made here. Really there's no clear cut winner for me as both are top 50 on my chart. I love Dracula's atmosphere while I love the emotional tie with The Fly. Both are iconic to say the least. I'm going with Dracula for now.

The characters are great, but the film's way...I enjoyed Dracula, this no one of the greatest horror ever made, The Fly 50 is good, but is the remake superior case (1% of the time). You wrong, why: in the last 30 years, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Aliens, and Drag Me to Hell (Dracula) are released!

Nightmare on Elm Street is not a great movie. Really, it's b-movie material. Freddie and Jason are really poster-children for iconic characters with movies that are average at best... Dracula and The Fly are iconic characters and great films as well. As for Aliens, I love it but it's not considered horror. I think you may be confusing it with Alien, which was made prior to the past 30 years. Haven't seen the rest that you mentioned. I just get annoyed by the cheap, lazy, cliché jump-scare tactics that most modern horror film employ. For me, these two are better in content than cheesy horror movies today such as the Paranormal franchise or The Blair Witch Project. Just a bunch of trash if you ask me.