The Matrix vs. Kill Bill Vol. 1

12 comments

11 comments

My absolute Favorite Movie - up against what is becoming my favorite 2 parter. Hmmmm. Got to go with RED pill.

JRM
JRM

I'm going with the yellow pill.

Have to go with Matrix here

Man...two awesome flicks,i have to choose The Matrix.

the matrix is much cooler than imagination, therefore matirx wins

I have to give kill bill the slight edge.

Two love letters to Asia and Asian Cinema that pretty much obliterate all other movies for music, panache and fun. Both share the same weakness that I am able to overlook thanks to the abundance of cool that they proudly display (actors that can't fight, if you're curious).

Kill Bill due to less goth emo stuff, less CGI etc.

I dunno if The Matrix is goth-emo though. Maybe it was appropriated by goth-emo dudes, sort of. Not sure. The whole emo thing wasn't popularised till well after The Matrix, but I guess goths have been rockin' the black trench coats for a while (not with the same sort of swag, anti-swag if anything). I was in school when the film came out and, really, it felt like The Matrix was sort of being appropriated by everyone back then. Been appropriated by everyone since then too if we care to count the parodies and homages it has spawned.

Even though I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan, I pick The Matrix without hesitation.

Hmmmm im going to pick Kill Bill... suprisingly.

The Matrix.

The Matrix is a class, a milestone. Kill Bill is more forgettable.

The Matrix senses that the Bride could cause it problems and sends Agent Smith to deal with her. The Matrix wins.

Kill Bill Vol 1. Pretty easy for me.

You can't beat Kill Bill.

Kill bill

Matrix no doubt. Much more fascinating story and I actually think the fight scenes in Matrix is even cooler than in Kill Bill

Haha, no doubt, the fight scenes is cooler. Anyways, I'm taking Kill Bill here without a thought at all.

Pretty Bad-ass battle going on here but nothing stops my un-relenting boner for Uma Thurmon cutting limbs off with "fuck u" shoes and a Pussy Wagon

It's going to be Kill Bill.

ear
ear

Kill Bill Vol.1 kills it.

kill bill. easy pick.

I think Emo-Goth was popularized by Marilyn Manson a few years prior to The Matrix's release. Manson's song 'Rock is Dead' from Mechanical Animals was also featured on the soundtrack of The Matrix.

Matrix gets the nod, in a close one....

Kill Bill has better unique story and better watchable terms of action, matrix mosty a dumb overrated crap.

Oh, tough one. Going with Kill Bill. Beatrix > Neo

The matrix. I much prefer volume 2 over 1

The Matrix, but I liked Vol. 1 over 2