Children of Men vs. 28 Days Later...

7 comments

5 comments

When in doubt, always give the edge to the zombies.

'Children of Men' is probaly the better crafted film, but from watching each once I have to give the trophy to the zombies just as danman said. When I see them both again it might change, it might not.

Zombies are always a plus, but you cannot get much better than Children of Men, and I like little more than well crafted dystopian sci-fi. That said, I have to give 28 Days Later credit. Of the zombie films not named Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later is, far and beyond, my favorite.

JRM
JRM

28 Days. If anything, I found it to be far more entertaining.

I liked 28 Weeks Later more than 28 Days Later. Children of Men falls somewhere in-between those two. There are a lot of little moments in Children of Men that I found memorable, but I don't think much about 28 Days Later.

I walked into Children of Men with no expectations and came out amazed by how amazing it was. The opposite happened with 28 Days Later, and I came out disappointed. Still, both were really good, but Children takes it for me. Barely.

Well, if we wanna be technical, there are no "zombies" in 28 Days Later (at least according to Danny Boyle). And while that movie has a lot going for it, Children of Men was much better done (and Clive Owen can take Cillian Murphy any day)

Two of my favourite movies. But in the end Children of Men is winning this.

First off, both are really great films. But Children Of Men's final scene gives it the edge.

CODY IS FUCKING FAGGOT

Children of Men in a TOUGH one...

I could, and have, watch either one repeatedly, depending on my mood. But if I had to choose one, Desert Island Disc style, it would be Children of Men, for its superb story and Cinematography. And the final scene is just spic.

Whoops, spic=epic.

If it really boiled down to it, I will say Children of Men. It and 28 Days Later are two intense films.

These are pretty much neck-n-neck in my top 40/50 films. I haven't seen Children of Men in ages, but I remember just how incredible the cinematography was in many sequences (though I could say the same about 28 Days Later). I also think that thematically, Children of Men is slightly stronger as it's setting of having an apocalypse based on infertility is more original than the infected zombie apocalypse in 28 Days Later; while 28 Days Later is certainly refreshing and innovative, it doesn't feel as original as Children of Men. I recon Children of Men wins by a nose, but that could change if I watch them again.

Children of Men narrowly avoided pissing me off at the end, but it did avoid it. On the other hand, 28 Days Later delighted me all the way through. I agree that Children of Men is the better looking and possibly thematically deeper film (although 28 Days has interesting things to say about gender relations), but I just connected better to 28 Days, and was more entertained by it.