Children of Men vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

4 comments

12 comments

Woah. Surprisingly this took forever to come up... but now that its here I have no idea what to do. I realize 2001 is more important but in the end I've gotta go for Children of Men

2001 is a visual spectacle to look at and also has one of the scariest villains ever. I'm still going with Children of Men though. It was an intense ride from start to finish.

children of men

Hands down it's 2001, no completion!

Children of men

What the hell??? Children of Men is excellent and it is in my top 100, but 2001 is much, much better. C'mon, people!

I can see why people are struggling with this. These two movies are both in my top 10. But even in my top 10, the difference between CoM and 2001 is pretty huge.

I love anything Stanley Kubrick, and 2001 is a beautiful masterpiece...but the realism and suspense of Children of Men, swept me off the floor. Very hard match-up, but I'd rather watch Children of Men.

Children of Men, easily.

Not a difficult choice at all for me. Children of Men is a good movie... a 7 out of 10. Meanwhile, 2001 is a marvelous film... 9 out of 10. I really don't care to watch Children of Men ever again. But I watch 2001 a few times a year. 2001 folks. It's really that easy.

Children of Men, no competition for me.

Two films that are near-masterpieces in my eyes that would be total masterpieces if it weren't for their endings. The ending of 2001 was slightly better than COM, so it wins.

2001 wins but still Children of Men is Awsome

Comparing men and gods.

Children of Men is absolutely perfect, it can't top 2001 best fiction film of all time.

Children of Men is absolutely perfect, it can't top 2001 best fiction film of all time.